Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 4 May 2021

THE MAGIC OF THINKING BIG - DAVID J. SCHWARTZ



====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

  THE MAGIC OF THINKING BIG - DAVID J. SCHWARTZ     

                                                                                                          
=====================================================================================

Page no 10

·         Oct.02, 2012 Gandhi Jayanti.

·         12 yrs. ago, on this day, we planted first sap lings in Bharat van. There are 1000+ tall trees!

Page no 12

·         A calendar in our House read,

Page no 19

·         I am in the process of requesting some 36 tablet manufacrvers to pre-install “my jobs “on their devices. All may not agree, but I believe, many will. 

Page no 22

·         Like My Emails to 36 tablet manufactures.

Page no 23

·         I am all by myself! One- man-army!

Page no 46

·         So far, only Datawinol & swipe telecom have age reed to pre-install “My jobs” on their tablets. But I will continue my efforts to convince other 38 manufactures.

·         I try to practice this 24/10/2012

Page no 51

·         This 2006 edition, should mention Google!

Page no 53

·          Last 3 weeks, I have been dreaming of my 8th Job portal, “online jobs Fair. Com “and writing concept Nobel / login / u-I etc. hope to launch it before my 802th birth day Dusshera.

·         I have domain know ledge and expand developing job portals,

Page no 53

·         I am sure, online jobs fair, will make a big difference to job-search scenario for fresh graduates 

·         I am glad I am not suffering from this!

Page no 59

·         There is every possibility that online jobs fair, may turn-out to be the most successful portal I ever designed.   

Page no 60

·         Perseverance!

Page no 61

·         Someone said beautifully:

·         Luck happens when “preparedness” meats “opportunity”.

Page no 107

·          This was in my mind when I thought of a coolie in resume blaster widge and screen 6 (here we your contacts, online) we plan to launch this on 12th 

·         Nirmit s; birthday.

Page no 108

·         I strong believe in this. I have tried to practice this philosophy and it has contributed to my own career growth over the years I have given this advice to all of my subordinates. The queue of people seeking “help” is longest in front of a person who is forever ready to help.

Page no 118

·         I can’t say it was a “BIG” idea but it was certainly a USEFUL idea to ask principal Damahe (LTIT) to arrange a meeting with Prof Rahul Deshmukh of IIT Bow laid I just request to meet someone connected with Aakash tablet project)

·         In that meeting, spelled out my vision of

1)    Jobs for all=peace on Earth

2)     “Bridging Digital divide” between urban jobseekers & real jobseekers.

3)      Taking job-related info to unemployed who have no access to a pc / wired / internet, thru Aakash tablet.

·         2 day back, he emailed saying, he is assigning : owe of his research associates to develop a clone of “my jobs” app which will be powered by our web sewer then enable students every wear to download it from IIT-B website. This is nothing less than a break through! My first breathing, 2 years back, was getting HP labs to develop my jobs.

Page no 119

·         In the meantime, I sent to shuklendu, de tailed note and u/ I of our next app RESUME BLASTER” the dream continue!

Page no 120

·         I just completed darting my next blog? (ISIN= using) an android app, designed to bring good govemance .that could be creative thinking!

Page no 124

·         “My jobs “celebrated its 1 st anniversary – yesterday (also 80th birthday of Dhirabani- to whom, I have dedicated MY JOBS) top reload my jobs. I will rest till all of them to dose.

Page no 128

·         I vouch for this it worked very well for me.

Page no 130

·         Will IIT –B designing, non – commercial versing of my jobs, motivate engineering students to “Experiment”? Once I am able to get people to register when they are still “students” I think they will keep retuning to our site even later, to experiment with customization.

Page no 131

·         I read this frequently is 1956-58 when in USA. I believe dropped now!

·         My “thousand for the day” to 3p staff on 15th quaked “How am I going to push the envelope today?”   

Page no 135

·         This is almost my story at L & T – always took you whatever was asked of me.

Page no 138

·         Works only when it is a product (or services) that they have already used. People cannot comment on things they have never seen / imagined, before.

Page no 142

·         Also a central theme of author chuck martin in his book, the click moment “just finished reading:

·         Intersection of cultures, professions etc. 

Page no 143

·         I have this halt, fortunately. There are so many that I have detailed, even designed entire website (with u/ I for each page) but not enough time left to even “ try out”!

Page no 145

·         Like the folder I give to havishsatpute (IIT_B) on 22nd, listing all the new features to be added in IIT version of my jobs – in order importance.

Page no 146

·         My handwrite tabulation of new features for my jobs, was a long list of 10/12 items arranged in order of importance.

·         After talking to Harish (over phone), last evening I realized that, if IIT-B tries to take-on the endive set at one go. It may take weeks to complete.

·         We need sour MINIUM / core / BASIC / version of my jobs, in3 weeks!

·         So, I split-up those 12 items, in to 6 versions, to be taken up, one-after-another. A smaller, more immediate and “Achievable “list, 

·         I sent this as email to Harish & prof-Deshmukh, this morning.

·         Now wail & see, if they can launch version o an 14th feel (valentine day)

Page no 147

·         TILL my jobs / Resume Blaster, becomes “run-away” success, I cannot say I am “successful”! May be, that is why, I don’t’ feel like joining / mixing with groups of professionals! I have no “story” to tell!!  

Page no 158

·         To demonstrate the feasibility of a new process, I posted kavdex card in factory store for a few days!

Page no 172

·         2 days; back, I sent email to geetha (H P) “begging her NOT to be realistic”! I am frying her (to convince her top MANAGER) to preload my job widget on 1.5 million HP laptops that HP has to deliver to UP govt in next a months.  

  

Page no 175

·         Every day, I repeat to myself: IIT version of my jobs will get pre-loaded on next tender of 5 million Aakash tablets-to be followed by longer tender of 220 million tablets!  

     Page no 220

·         Yesterday I got confirmation from Beyond Tech that they will pre-install “MY jobs” on their tablet’s & smart phone. They are 4th after Data wind / swipe telecom & teracom.ushing this, I today sent emails & other 25/30 tablet mfre but, to succeed, I “depend “upon their agreeing!

·         Other good news, yesterday, was that IIT-B have started work to develop, non-commercial

·         Version of my jobs. First meeting with them was a 15 DCE & second on 22 Jan.

Page no 238

·         I was in USA at that time.

Page no 250

·         Yesterday, witching shashi tharoor (HHRD minister) I got an idea to send him my 26 year old report on Education policy.to day I sent him an email. NOW, wait & watch.

Page no 252     

·         Last 3 day, I followed this & made 10/15 phone calls to tablet mfg. Companies & got to talk to few concerned executives, who evinced interest!

·         One year of emails did emails did nothing!

PAGE NO 262

·         I proposed plan ting trees on a govt (municipal) vacant plat. We did this on oct.2, 2000/ Gandhi jayanti) and called it “Bharat van” today, it has over 500 trees, 30 feet tall.

Page no 264

·         Just sent an email to prof.rahul Deshmukh – IIT, geetha manjunath (HP labs) and shuklendu, re: how someday resume Blaster & my jobs, can together build a “ “relationship Database” 

Page no 269

·         Last month CAA pounded Boeing Dreamliner afire some battery pro balm- traced to a mfg. defect in japan.

Page no 271

·         I suppose, I felt this way when I got thrown out of ill ions (1956) after 2 semesters for poor grades. That summer I frequently sat on Detroit river-front and thought of suicide. But I kept trying to get amassing elsewhere KU accepted me-I moved to Lawrence and completed my MS with GPA of 4.5/5

Page no 278

·         When using SMS gateway of Airtel / RIL / MTNL / BSNL, did not work, we switched to HP task let.

Page no 279

·         When “job alerts thru SMS” method did network we switched to mobile APP. When persuading people to down bad 2 install my jobs did not work, we persuaded tablet manufacturers to preload it at factory.

Page no 281

·         Being fired from my first job at MIDCO in 1959, made me search / find another at l&T! Best thing!!

Page no 284

·         No more valid. Now a –days most coumpnice plan for 1 year.

Page no 295

·         By and of 2013, I want a total of 10 tablet manufacturers to start pre-installing “my jobs. Tomorrow I have with protDeshmukh of IIT-B in that meeting, I would like his team to agree to finish V 1.0 of my jobs, and uploaded it b end April.        

Page no 298

·         Today, Khalid zamir of Videocon and kapil wadhwa of champion “regretted” for my jobs-so did riche gupta of of wicked leak. Such setbacks ane bound to to come but I have to keep going”

Page no 299

·         It takes 20 years of hard work, to be co me an overnight success!

Page no 309

·         In developing “my jobs” & resume Blaster” I have not thought of city –based jobseekers, which have already used Naukri / monster etc.

·         I have kept in mind fresh graduates in remote small to was, who have hover visited a job portal. I want to target be How of the pyramid the digitally deprived. 

Page no 311

·         2 days back, I re wrote the write-up on one of the screens of RESUME RLASTER

·         (Citywide / Ind.  Wise) in a personalized, story-telling way, which will appeal to fresh graduates.

Page no 312

·         Resume Blaster ( to be launched next week )is not meant for “Experienced professional s; 3.5 milling every year)

Page no 321

·         It is because of past 10 years of “progress / development” that Narendra modi expects to get named as” prime-ministerial candidate “for BJP, in 2014 National Elections.

·         This morning, I sent 2 emails to shuklendu, suggesting small improvements to resume Blaster screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment