Page NO 08
· We did the same
Page no 09
· Suppose we failed to get the journalists to notice 3pjobs.
· 3pjobs was landmark on 14 nov 1997
Page no 10
· This is true all successful website may be the root cause of their success.
· Recruit guru too would!
Page no 12
· What is holiday us back
Page no 13
· This was around the time we time we prepared an exhaustive BUSINESS PLAN and retain KPMG to find a VC – they could not.
· This IS what keeps recruit guru going since last 12 years.
· Once you accept VC funds, the pressure to grow & make profits, is enormous developing an innovative website. Can no more remain a hobby?
Page no 14
· Losing focus?
· I just could not think of burdening Nirmit with such a scenario!
Page no 15
· May be graphical/ visual / analytical / resumes is an idea ahead of its time.
· JAM/ RAM to be delivered on 3G smart phones will have to wait till 3G becomes de afoot standard in India.
· This would have killed me.
Page no 16
· For most entrepreneurs this period is just a few months!
· May be all the websites that I developed over the last 12 years ( 7 in all) ,were to keep me mentally active / occupied .of course all of this activity cost quite a lot of money and would not have been positive without 3p subsidizing these “innovations”.
· ALL innovations need somebody / some other source of earing, to subsidize it.And very few entrepreneurs have such support (for long enough) to survive, till he is a financial “success”
· But “keeping me busy” cost X rupees / month making it a “Enterprprennal ventur”would cast
· 10X rupees / month – a risk, I was not prepared to undertake at my age. In 1997, Sanjeev was may be 33 years old –but I was 66 years old!!
Page no 17
· EG: Recruit guru .com & world – wide jobs .com
· Together, cost (may be, RS 25 LAKHS).
Page no 21
· Priya our latest recruit (s/w developer trainee).Joined one moths back for Rs 8000/= p.m. And within 1month she is showing good promise.
Page no 22
· I started 3p in April 1990.
· To start 3p, deposited Rs. 3000/- & opened an on 14 Feb 1990
· I hired Suresh (D/E operator) 2 months later.
Page No 23
· My first office was maybe 30 sq.ft. and carried tea from home in a thermos & washed my cup in a common sink. After retiring as GM (powai) this was difficult where my office was 300 sq. fit & lunch got served on, my table!
· Brick & motor head hunting does not seem so.
Page no 32
· He looks some courses, when I a Headed TIER-I Management Development Program of IIM –A, AT Agra, around 1966- for 5 weeks.
Page no 34
· I have worked with him closely when he was a consultant to L&T for re- organization around 1982/85 see my notes addressed to him.
· EX-chairmen of HLL.
Page no 42
· When, as DGM (personnel), I used to lead a team of managers, to IIM-A for campus Interviews.
· Prof of computer science. He did a bit of consulting for L&T
Page no 43
· When I purchased 12 pc (at Rs 1 lakh each) for LTIT.
Page no 44
· “Linear Programming” was the fashion in those day.
· I got resi-phone at Shivaji Park after a 7 year wait! 455095 around 1966.
Page no 45
· My first appointment of Mr.Sharma in swastik products, fetched me RS. 2000/= ( 1 month’s salary ) in May 1990 that that covered the office rent!
Page no 46
· I think Pankaj madia’s ABACUS software was first preliberalization.
Page no 47
· As it in case of ROYAL HARBLES IN 1984/85.
PAGE NO 60
· For us, online job portals run into hundred in India alone these were one of the first internet gassed e-commerce sites. BY now, competition is strong. Market is well – served. But, we plan to cane a niche with our unique features .
· we too are trying to do things different by.
· Same month when Naukri was launched.
Page no 61
· 13 weeks in to the launched, customize Resume has 1004 job seekers & 36 corporates seems like a good beginning.
· But in deep trouble, today.
Page no 63
· In customizing of resumes, we are trying what no one has done befog, anywhere in the world.
Page no 64
· I suppose customize world work equally well for jobseekers & recruiters in any part of world.
· We are at this stage.
Page no 65
· For me & my team, 12 yrs., of developing 7 jobprotals could be thought of as Foundation Unfortunately all 3 current team members are 2 yrs., 1½ yrs.,1 month with me!! So the learning & experience “is last.
· In last few months, there was a talk of “sellout.”
Page no 67
· My first job at MIDCO (1958-59) did give me a lot of “exposure” but even switchgear factory of l & T was small in 1959 and petrol pump manufacture was only a part.
· 3p jobs .com was launched just 6/7 months after Naukri.in the next 2/3 years, there were dozens of jobprotals. But in each of our portal we tried to do thing “differently” e.g.:
o World-Wide-Jobs to do thing -job alerts on mobiles
o RecruitGuru.com - parsing of text resumes
o India Recruiter – generating “function profile.”
o Customize Resume –creating “versions” of profile.
Page no 71
· 3P is at Rs. 6 Cr. After 20 Yrs.
Page no 72
· Some 30 yrs. Ago, ESSAR bought a second hand sponge iron plant in Europe & got L&T to dismantle ship @rect it at Hazira. This was the beginning of ESSAR’S steel Business.
Page no 74
· No one knows how many TONs of MONEY Sharad Pawar (current Agriculture minister)made by making DUTY FREE.
· Million ton is lying in godowns at kandla port right now! For last 6 months imports (incl. Renuka) are waiting for prices to go up before releasing in the market! Current price is approx. Rs- 45/- kg up 50% in last 6 months!!
· What happened to us when retained KPMG to find a VC funding in 2001- after the DOTCOM bust.