Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 13 May 2021

DAVID & GOLIATH - MALCOLM GLADWELL



====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

  DAVID & GOLIATH - MALCOLM GLADWELL         

                                                                                                          
=====================================================================================

Page no 6

·         About an hour back I sent an email to avenue, requesting them, to request their banker‘s to re-consider their decision, not to allow payment gateway, to honor any currency other than Rupee.

·         I want them to include Euro/USD etc. I have argued for 26 million Indian SMES the underage.

Page no 19

·         May be, my email. This morning, to avenue, was only these lines

Page no 20

·         When I was studying at KU in 1957 wilt chamber lain (7-2 tall) played like this.

Page No 25

·         B2B says,” stop Advertising, start Marketing” why?

·         Because “advertising is expensive” Hence businesses with no money (resource) to advertise, must market cheaply!

Page no 32

·         For me, the only strategy is to keep sending promo emails. Today, I sent to

1)    FICCI

2)    ERA

3)    ASSOCHAM

4)    C I I .

Page No 74

·         I am reminded of my 2 semesters at U of I Urbana in 1955-56

·         Page no 74
like typing deferens between Indian & US Edusystem in 1955.    

·         I felt this way too!

Page no 76

·         I did this way when I moved to KU in 1956 a few Sumner in Detroit.

Page no 77

·         I felt this way!

Page no 80

·         And vice versa when NIRMIT moved from Jamnabai School to Hans’s raj, he started oolong very well OR when I moved from Uni: of Zillions to uni of Kansas. 

Page no 95

·         I felt like this at u of I.

Page No 136

·         I spent 2 semesters here, before being thrown out for poor grades! That was 1955-56  

Page no 152

·         May be, like martin Luther king, Jr he too read about Bapu’s life story.

Page no 178

1)    Bapu’s did

2)    All of these, years earlier. I am

3)    Sure king Jr got inspired by Bapu’s.

Page no 179

·         s.v. naik & Nakhate ( L & T union leaders ) told me similar words, sometime in1980 /81

·         When, I had planned a family vacation to East in month of May.

Page no 180

·         What seems to be happening to Abu Aadmi party right now once they got only 4 seats in loksabha out of 420 seats contested 09/06/2014?

Page no 182

·         I am waiting for satish (sentient systems) to upload a streamer on B2B website showing 173

·         “Subscribers” (a few foreign). With this streamer flowing all the time,

·         I hope new visitors would get “fooled” in to thinking that a lot of companies are singing up!

Page no 183

·         Much like Arvind Kejriwal being stopped by Delhi police halfway and giving to spend 2 nights on footpath in cold winter.

Page no 189

·         Thru that streamer on B2B pages, I have to let the world “Know”

Page no 203

·         Like India of 1942 /1947

Page no 207

·         After assuming PM’s office , 2 weeks back, Narendra modi, conducted MEETINGS ( class Rooms ?) ministers / MPs /  secretaries, telling them how to think & act & behave , I suppose, they are all watching him !

Page no 208

·         Modi asked 72 secretaries, to phone or Email to him directly, if they have any doubts and need any policy- clanfication. 

·         My one time boss, Gunnar Hansen said great Stress on predictability.

Page no 257

·         May be, this is what is happening in the case of Nasality / Maoist militancy in India.

Page no 264

·         Around the same time mahatma Gandhi was teaching same thing to Indians

Page no 275

·         Some force like this is driving me for nearly 2 decades.  


No comments:

Post a Comment