Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 11 May 2021

THE APPLE WAY - JEFFREY L. CRUIKSHANK

 


====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

 THE APPLE WAY  - JEFFREY L. CRUIKSHANK         

                                                                                                          
=====================================================================================

PAGE NO    xii                                  

·         Builder also contains (one section) a plain text resume. So it becomes “searchable” – along other plain text resumes- lying on a HR mgr.’s hard disk so HR mgrs. Downloader any risk in changing over to image builders.

Page no xii

·         In image Builder, it will be the graphs (Vishal & enigma of Kama scope (where we will add some interact vet-at a later date) 

·         Utter simplicity I am trying to make it very simple for HR – mgr. to grasp the essence of any resume.

·         Function Profiles & Karma scope will have the same effect on viewers.

Page no xiii

·         With video ipad,I am sure ,you can carry 100000/ Image Builders, wherever you go ! –only screen will have to be big enough to display one graph at a time. Next we can have video I pad, download latest / up-to-date image Builders from idiarecuriter, by logging in wirelessly. Q: why should anybody want to carry? 100000 resumes in his pocket?

·         One generation year.  Every.

Page no -xiv

·         At Re.1 /= per resume download, I hope Image Builder will repeat I PAD ‘S history- reinvent online recruitment business.

Page no xvi

·         This is precisely my reason for creating a network of partner websites (for global Recruiter) alliances with mobile service provider for world –wide – jobs.

Page no xviii 

·         I hope those promo emails which I am drafting for the last 2 weeks, would turn –out  to be such “innovative marketing “if I can get only 10/15 major corporate Recruiters to “standardize” on image Builder that would go a long way to influence , thousands of similar corporates. 

·         My focus is on

·         Products

·         India Recruiter with its image Builder world –wide-job with its JAM

·         Network Alliances

·         Prather websites / partner mobile service providers./  partner Newspapers / partner TV channels / partner search Engines.

Page no 18

·         Recrutguru did not click with HR mgrs. Maybe they were afraid of depositing their resume’s on our services Now we are trying to “resurrect” Recrutguru in the garb of India Recruiter where the question of “privacy” (of resume database), does not arise.

Page no 19

·         Even it Image Builder proves to be wildly popular; we still need a series of “feature-improvements” to stay head of competitors.

Page no 22

·         With no money my entire marketing strategy (for India Recruiter) is based on

·         Promo emails

·         Word of –mouth

·         A couple of demos to ERA / NHRD NERWORK members

·         I must watch-out against this! Incidentally, today, I have decided to change our product name from “image Builder” to “profiles” “profiles” aligns far more with Resumes” 

·         Only Function profile is a little difficult to grasp. Restore in native/ simple.

Page no 24

·         “Profiles” is my attempt to make HR people see a candidate from many angles at once.  

·         I used to be one!

Page no 25

·         No problem for me with only 3 people to share!

Page no 26

·         If “profiles” click and find wide – spread acceptance amongst HR managers, we will find the money to add more people (mkt + Developers) and for h/w.

Page no 28

·         All resumes downloaded from any jobsite (there are lakhs) look alike “profiles” will look different.

·         Others copy “profiles” so we will need to stay ahead.  I hope graphs in “profiles “easy to grasp even by laymen.

·         “Profiles” is all about a simple user Interface- GUI.

Page no 29

·         We must show “profiles” to a few HR mgrs. & a few Headhunt before releasing.

Page no 30

·         IF would be same with “profiles”

·         Even non-HR people should find the “profiles” easy- to –use.

Page no 36

·         What can I expect HR mgrs. & Head hunters to tell me when I show them “profiles”?

·         Graphs in “profiles “will be differently coloured.

Page no 37

·         Global Recruiter’s Net based webs vice, callipering “profiles” to a network of hundreds of jobsites,

·         Would be my “operating system “which would enable each of my partner web list to be to be able to complete with giants like mansteriindia /  Naukri / times jobs.com

·         We have this combine tions in “profiles”

·         Our “pay per click “is unbeatable on its own-even without profiles!

Page no 38

·         500.000 Small businesses (who hire 2/5 persons each year) do not have professionally qualified HR managers – who are dashing “profiles” ( graphically), which even “ owner’s” of such companies would find very easy to interpret . They are my target customers.

Page no 42

·         We will use guru mine for many applications / to bring out many new features in “profiles” e.g., indexing keywords in resumes which are sub groper for

·         Industry

·         Design level

·         Age

·         Exp

·         Edam etc.

·         Page no 43

·         AS we add new / comparative / frequency distribution curves to “profiles” both jobseekers & corporates want “upgrades “– this will renew demands for “profiles with addition of each new feature.

·         This means legit behind old frequechang district button graphs must not be changed as we add new graphs.  

  Page no 44

·         This is comparable to our keeping plain text resume at the bottom of “profile”

Page no 45

·         We lost 2 weeks (of development works) because os in our server crashed (possible due to DELL failure) Anyway it required replacing lots of H/W components (RAID) motherbordsetc) & ret stalling all os/ ISS/ vs. / aq databases etc. – 15 day lost!

Page no 48

·         When partner websites are served applications from GLOBAL Recruiter (as webservers) ,it is quite like licensing our s/w, And  when partner is permitted to keep for  himself 80% of the revenue , I hope we will overtake monster / Naukri

·         This is what will happen with our web service delivered to all partners server giving idem fecal experience.

Page no 49

·         If I can get 100 top recruiting companies to standard on “profiles” it would acceleration adoption of “profiles” by the rest this would also depend upon the no of websites which partner with us. A large no would   lend credibility to our Network

·         Letus say “profiles” is a NEW OS for Jobsearach & reswumesrarch.   A web service which does not incorporate “PRIFILES” would have to survive!

Page no 50

·         If at this stage, I were to think this I would have NO CHANCE to make PROFILES the industry slandered –by itself. On its own. IndiaReruitter has a poor chance –even with PROFILES.

·         I simply need the Network to become Industry standard.

Page no 51

·         Our webservers will follow similar pattern.

 Page no 55

·         Same issue with “profiles”

Page no 66

·         In adoption of “profiles” I have to stars such a virtuous circle-by getting a few opining makers (-and journalists) to endorse it.

Page no 76

·         We will desperately need media-co average for “profiles” & we will try hard for this –but –not before we have thoroughly tested indiarecuriter   for 2 weeks ?( -by our own consultants)

Page no 77

·         I don’t ‘plan to invite media? (As a group) till “profiles” becomes a huge success- when we can flaunt impressive figures. Till then, I would white to journalist individually and encourage one –to-one meeting to explain India Recruiter. 

Page no 78

·         Today there are according to one estimate 2000 placement agencies in India Nirmit found out shanghai has 5000 and Hong Kong 3000. Will India Recruiter help to push –up this no.to 10.000 in India? As a result of websevrivce & very little investment to become partner website.   

Page no 79

·         While writing / talking to journalists, I plan to focus only on “profiles” & a gift on GR network (websevrivce).I plan to keep under wraps, all forthcoming features.

Page no 80

·         We cannot afford any such “disasters” while giving demo of “profiles” to placement Agencies. So will next need very thorough testing. 

Page no 86

·         I just cannot launch India Recruiter without “and then again “profile” should give accurate “Function graphs” I don’t see any problems in other graphs.

Page no 89

·         “Profiles” will reveal so much of a candidates background (- and starkly) that, I expect, it will lineally meet with resistance! They will feel “exposed / naked”! But once a jobseeker has got his “profiles” I expect him to return again & again to EDIT / UP-DATE, out of curiosity to know where does he stand in relation to his co-professionals this is like looking-up the “price” of the “stock” you own But to get the jobseekers to register and get their first set of profiles, I would need to motivate the HR managers-and headhunters – to insist on- “profiles” & refuse to accept plain text resumes.

·         But then Americans are crazy –in any case!

Page no 90

·         For me, adoption of “profiles” by HR mgrs. Is the ONLY strategy! Well, to a lesser extent, getting HR consultants & journalists to say “nice worlds” about “profiles are a subordinate strategy.

·         Will people (jobseekers) download their “profiles” cut out graphs & stick them anywhere? Or email/ SMS to friends?

Page no 91

·         To 4 lakh jobseekers, my promo email (to promote “profile”) talks about: where DO you stand in relation to your coprofesssonal” worse, not even to know that you are poorly paid it is go their “feelings /curiosity / self- image etc.

Page no 92

·         Should I give FREE access to India Recruiter to ERA members for 4 weeks before throwing it open to all employers / placements agencies? IF they are pleased they will only send PROFILES to their clients.

·         We have plan need to make idiarecuriter services “FREE” to employers for first 3 months. That will cover placement Agencies as well.

Page no 93

·         By sending “faked / fudged” resumes to their clients, many fly-by the- night placement agents have spoiled the overall reputation of “Recruitment Industry” as a whole. IFI can convince ERA members that “profiles” are fake – proof / fudge proof; they should want to great this chance to prove “bonafides”with their clients as our “user-group” ERA can certainly generate a lot of buzz.

Page no 95

·         There are powerful ERA members in all major cities. To get them to adopt India Recruiter- and speak glowingly about “profiles “we would need to travel to each of these cities & give demos.

Page no 96

·         It is equally possible that nearly every journalist everywhere is seeking a job—change!  So if I can sell them the idea of converting their own plan text resumes to “profiles”-and see what difference this  makes to their own “job-change- seeking- “ situation –then I can get a faithful & vocal followers who can be expected to write about profiles !

·         I must ensure that “journalism” function –profile is very well developed. Such patience & perseverance is almost unknown UN USA.

Page no 97

·         Maybe I should persuade EDITORS of those 1000+ print publications to insist that journalists applying for a job – dose, only with their “profiles”! I will send them a sample profile of a journalist-candidate.

Page no 99

·         Newspaper Editors are obviously most sought – after & very influential.

Page no 104

·         For Globel Recruiter the partner websites are such “jousts” cannot sell- this is the reason I am not sure whether I should go-ahead and launch IndiaReruitter by itself OR  wait some mores launch GR along  with IR for such simultaneous launch , I need “partner’s Dash- board” ( AdminTool )to be ready.

Page no 105

·         I plan to send promo emails to 20000 + corporates urging them to give –up plain text resumes & switch over” to “profiles: This is one way to generate DEMAND. If can succeed in generating such a demands from thousands of HR mgrs. Then many websites would to sing –up as partners.  

·         My strategy (to avoid such scenario) is to gradually shutdown India recruiter as more & more websites become partners.to begin with I need IR as a kind of DEMO website proof of concept.

·          Page no 107

·         By delivering web services directly from our own India Recruiter in the beginning (may be 3/6 months), we are not “annoying “any   partner websites- since there are none at the beginning .i may even place an announcement on Global Recruiter that IR will close down within a few markers and stop competing with the would –be partners Iam even thinking of transferring some of the corporate Registrations to potential partners- may be as an incentive to become panthers.

·         From very beginning, I want to keep the power with patron websites.

·         This is quite like my wanting fresh graduates to become / host partner websites- to cater to / canvass amongst small businesses in their immediate lo clarity to switch to online recruitment.     

Page no 108

·         Prather websites could only deliver “profile” supplied by globel Recruiter.

·         Whereas, in the beginning I want a large no.of websites to sing- up (to build-up a large network) –even tally, I would eliminate those which do not bring in “revenues’

  Page no 109

·         Because of ever- changing “percentile” ( relative standing), I expect that jobseekers would return often to EDIT their resumes- thereby keeping “profiles” fresh all the time.

·         Like DELL website. Bad       

Page no 111 

·         For HR managers, I expect to create such “shopping experience” thru Interactive Tool (I I T). Hopefully use of IIT while conducting an interview, would become a “must” for all recruiters.

·         Right now, all over India, in practically all industries, there is a recruitment boom. Perhaps this best time to launch Globel Recruiter.

Page no 112

·         Not a huge no reaenoreally can we convince portals & search- Engines to set aside a section called “jobs / Resumes”

Page no 115

·         What are we trying to sell to HR managers / Recruiters / placement Agencies / Head hunters? I believe it is “productivity” – thru “better / faster / cheaper” recruitment.

Page no 116

·         For India Recruiter celebrities would be 1) Director –HR- of big companies

·         2) Presidents of ERA – NHRD network – NIPM- C I I –Ascham- Nasscom etc. 

·         3) I I M Professors   4) HR – consultants / Firms.

Page no 117

·         Satisfying “big recruiters” (Wipro / Infosys / TCS / Satyam / Accenture / I B M etc.)  

Page no 119

·         I too could organize “sheik” preview of “profiles” to media but question is: which journalist would want to know latest developments in online recruitment industry? Then write about it! India is not USA!

·         OUR punch line will be: we do not clam to be NO1 (ON TV in print)

Page no 122

·         For me too, this is the long term goal-to get those 500,000 / small companies, who have, never before advertised their jobs online on any jobsite – to – start posting jobs on partner website of Globel Recruiter. But that will take time.  

·         Before I reach that stage, I would need those 20000 corporates ( who already advertise online) to switch-over to IR 

Page no 123

·         In, USA, it is “media gives you birth and media kills you too)

·         You have no “existence” except to the extent decided by media!

Page no 126

·         We are both, 1) life Gary trying to take on giants like monster! Naukri 2) powerful innovator

Page no 130

·         In between there was 1401 for which I took a short course at uni-of Kansas in 1957

·         L & T rented one in 1968/69 IT used punched cards for programing

Page no 134

·         Today the troika of monster India / Naukri / times jobs rules the Indian online recruitment market (jobsites) time’s jobs is the latecoener & has far more resolves than the other 2 monster / Naukri are claiming to be NO-1 jobsite.

·         I would like to tie-up with times jobs IT has a tremendous in print media which the other two don’t I have to convinced times jobs that by partnering with GR, it can overtake the other two.

Page no 135

·         There is a good chance that Naukri would try to copy “profiles” and come up with own version – monster India being controlled by its us

·         Headquarters, will not want to change- but I would be open to partner with it if they approach

·         “Profiles” will brine Gut to Recruiting.

Page no 136

·         “Profile” is designed to make a lot more sense- and faster to a HR mgr.

Page no 150

·         Support of Board?

·         We have as yet, no bottom-line to protect as far as Recruit Guru is concerned. We have to build that bottom-line thru launch of Globel Recruiter. This is why, by pricing each resume @RE:1/ ( pay per click ),I want to make it possible for those 583000/ small companies, which, on an ave-employ 10 / persons, to be able to use “  online Recruitment” 

Page no 151

·         I have to be satisfied with small profile (parent age) but I need to scale-up the no.of partner websites to Naukri can do nothing to neutrals. Our network.

Page no 162

·         I am not waiting to incorporate. All the –planned features into Global Recruiter, before launching but I certainly need those features, which will.

·         Compel HR mgrs. To switch- over to “profiles”

·         Compel many jobsites to become partners I suppose this will take us till end July IT is a very painful Wait!

Page no 163

·         I want to convince times jobs that only thru partnering with Global Recruiter, could it hope to ever dislodge monster /    Naukri from # 1 position. Only “Profiles” (technology) could do this.

Page no 164

·         Monster & Naukri are ground to respond (to the launch of India Recruiter- with its “profiles”) they may come up with a copycat “profile” we will need to stay? Stars ahead.

·         Monster / Naukri do have some useful s/w tools (for HR mgr.’s use) – which they can license to other jobsites- thereby creating direct competitors. Their business model is NOT “web service” / “revenue- sharing”

Page no 165

·         I am not planning to earn full Re-1/ by getting corps subscribers on India Recruiter. I plan to shut it down. I would rather make Re. 0.20 / by enabling partner websites to sell “subscription” to corporates.

·         For me, those 500.000 out of 583000) small businesses are like china. They have never used online recruitment thru our re-1 /per resume model I plan to capture 100/% of that market. They will never spend RS -30.000 TO RS= 100.000 / FOR A SUBSCRIPTION ON MONSTER / Naukri and I plan to capture this market by persuading 80000 / cybercafé to become partner websites + collect Cash Sublimations WHICH IS HOW 99-9 % BUYING gets done in India .

Page no 167

·         Even more thru today than in1995.

Page no 170

·         10% of # 430 million is a cool $ 43 million!

Page no 171

·         I hope happy HR mgrs. (happy with “profiles “will switch over from Monster / Naukri to Globel Recruiter. I pad made WALKMAN obsolete. Will “profiles” make plain text resumes, obsolete?

·         We launched 3pjbs. On14th Nov 97.

Page no 173

·         This is one reason I want (so badly) HR managers to adopt/ accept, “profiles “as THE industry standard for resumes. Which HR mgr. would want on his hard dicks, a mixture of?  

·         Profiles & 2) plain text resumes? Especially, BY reviving Recruiter,

·         I make “profiles” searchable- when text resumes continue to remain unsearchable?

·         In Globel Recruiter we will do it from day one thru our webs vice.

·         This is my problem as well! Today, I was looking at my 1998 notes on clickstream Analysis (Aggregation) my problem has been lack of funds –but why has monster! Naukri not done this shofar? 

Page no 174

·         I propose to offer “partner website “status to

·         Placement Agencies 2) portals 3) search Engines 4) cybercafés 5) Newspapers 6) 

·         Existing Jobsites etc.

Page no 176

·         I hope our logo becomes easily recognizable amongst HR mgrs. & jobseekers.

·         Day –before yesterday bill gates announced that he will give-up all routine response abilities at Microsoft from July 2008 next 2 years –will be a transition Ray oozier takes overs “chief s/w Architect” from bill who will focuses on bill & Melinda gates Foundation” for charity.  



No comments:

Post a Comment