Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 15 April 2021

YOU ARE NOT A GADGET - JARON LANIER



 

====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :


=====================================================================================

Page No 08

·         Naukri.com has mixed-up “Industries” “Functions” but every other job- profile was forced to follow their “STANDARAD”

Page No 14

·         Definition of human beings.

·         Like jobs for ALL peace on Earth? A job “empowers” an unemployed like nothing else!   

Page No 16

·         In my “comments” (on hundreds of websites), I always ante my real name & website VRL

Page NO 21

·         2 day back I sent to shuklendu, write up for new page ( for my site) to be titled, “Expressing my self”

Page No 29

·         Read page “Expressing my self” I went on “futile search”

Page No 32

·         Eg ; presented on Extremely “Human 15 ke” robot, if iam able to “ know it is a “ Robot”

·         Vs. That very human like robot “knowing” that I am a human!

Page no 39

·         All the we are reason to include.

Page no 47

·         Just 4 days back, I host www.hemen parekh .in, my blog site. Notes/ articles/ comments /reports/ poems etc. that I have last 50 years  ( those that survive in hard copies will) get uploaded over next one year.

Page no 48

·         I have tried to maintain this “personhood “on my blogging site.

Page no 49

·         Like parable of a thousand monkeys pounding the keys of typewrites for a thousand years’ to reproduce all the works of Shakespeare.

·         Billions around the world cannot oven read!!

Page no 53

·         On “happy Birthday” page of customize resume, I have writhe

·         I have none! I cannot keep in touch with 3 or 4 real life friends of over 50 year!

Page no 54

·         First build truffle that will bring advertisers.

Page no 55

·         In my design of www.online jobs fair.com, I have envisaged, any registered person (jobseeker or Recruiter) to secretly “listen”

·         (Eavesdrop) in to the interview conversation. Must drop this feature!!

PAGE NO 58

·         RTI (Right to information) Act has proved beneficial. So may (LOKPAL act.)

·         But there could be millions of court cases unless frivolous ones are punished.

Page no 59

·         E.g., millions of mobile Apps, for trivial results!

Page no 70

·         What resumes on LinkedIn are!

Page no 79

·         Can our aggregation of jobAdvts (thru RSS feeds) from different jobprotals fall in this?

Page no 80

·         Jobs  for all peace on Earth.

·         B2B will help businesses (especially SME) to market around the world - although not- Extreme inventiveness”

Page no 81

·         Yesterday‘s article in MINT talks about automated s /w that tests / debaggs other software, rendering thousands of s/ w engineers, jobless!  

·         Last month an American, manufactured a handgun using 3 D printing at a gun that can five one bullet!

Page no 83

·         Crowed does not know everybody s’ “likes (Dislikes. GOOGLE KNOWS! )

Page No 85

·         In B2B massage Blaster.com, I will enable businesses to “market / promote” themselves to other businesses, without advertising that, if successful could be one more threat to newspapers TV channels hoarding s’

·         B2B will enable marketers to target their marketing messages to thousands of cities. 

Page no 88

·         Largely unrealized.

Page no 89

·         We are aggregating job-Advt for past ¾ years. If –and when –we launoh “Resumes Exchange” or revive recruit guru com. We will also start agree gating résumés.

·         Is this also the “fate” of “customization of graphs”?

Page no 90

·         I am launching www.hemenparekh.in,on 27th my 80th birthday! And upload content (thoughts) created over last 50+years!  

Page no 93

·         Can B2B and B2C, become such “Novelties”? Will this appeal to those small businesses, which just can’t’ afford to advertise in papers / TV?

Page No 94

·         Already happening within 3 years of publication of this book!

Page no 96

·         Even our call-centers under threat from lesser developed Asian / African  countries.

Page no 101

·         What I am trying to do, but hoping that these who visit my personal website, May also visit my other sites.

·         First you “pay” a tiny amount for accessing / reading, and then you find the content of “NO value” to you!

Page no 103

·         Just read / view / listen, “online “. Without any copy getting downloaded on your hard disk?

Page no 104

·         Employers and jobseekers are contacting each other – without intermediary called a headhunter – on LinkedIn, which is setting bigger than Naukri / monster etc.

Page no 106

·         Will it ensures criminals.

Page no 109

·         A few months back, Narendra modi, addressed a large meeting, from a few hundred miles, using holography projecting

Page no 112

·         Eg : if for example, prices of PV solar cells, drop by 90% up to 90% ( currently 15%)!

·         What would happen to fossil fuel power plants? And to the banks who loaned money to put up such plants?

Page no 113

·         Eg : 90% of car owners travel at 45 km / hour 90% of the time ! Then why provide for 120 km for 1 % of users?

Page no 119

·         Last 2 weeks have seen reports / surveys of people getting “fed-up” with Facebook!!

·         A good sign!

Page no 121

·         Like somebody saying: “Death to Facebook / twitter / whatsaapp”! In B2B & B2C, I AM saying:  “stop Advertising – start Marketing “

Page no 122

·         If newspapers, TV, hoardings are “OLD” media, is internet used B2B / B2C, a “NEW” media?

·         To se we the same purpose of creating aware mess about ones’ products & services?

Page no 123

·         Newspapers, TV, hoardings are media of “one way “communication. We will try to wake B2B / B2C, TWO way communication But then mass-sending of SMS / emails are (or can be) TWO –way!  



No comments:

Post a Comment