Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 9 April 2021

WHY GREAT LEADERS DON`T TAKE YES FOR AN ANSWER - MICHAEL A. ROBERTO




====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :



=====================================================================================

Page no. 9

·         This is true in respect of Recruit Guru /WWJ and now Global Recruiter.com. if these fail to click, I can blame no one else but myself. I did share my concepts with the develops-even debated & altered feature as suggested by them but the decision to launch these

·         Website was mine alone

·         (18-04-06)

·         In next 6/8 weeks, I should know if I made the “right” decision to launch Indiarecruiter.Com.

·         On the Strength of image Builder.

·         Very true in our case.

Page no. 12

·         This is the basis for my yesterday`s note “the 9th richest man” I want to capitalize on an executive`s need to compare his salary with those of his co-professionals. (18-04-06).

·         Thru our promotional email (to launch India Recruiter) I want executives to think that they stand a better chance for a job, by switching to image Builder.

Page no. 13

·         No “Quantitative data” can ever justify the launch of WWJ and now global recruiter/India recruiter –if the game plan is to fight monster/Naukri on their home turf, playing the game by their rules. We would simply not get the “numbers” to support our ease! But we plan to succeed

·         by changing the rules of the game.

·         What is happening with us?

Page no.14

·         3p is an off-line/brick-&-mortar, executive search firm, whereas recruit guru will be a “online

·         Recruitment “platform. It is a diversification.

·         In my case, over a period of 10 yrs.

Page no.15

·         Shooting first then drawing circles!

Page no.16  

·         By offering “pay-per click” (that too @Rs.1 /=), I plan to change the rules of online recruitment Industry.

Page no. 36

·         Read ”communicating for productivity”

·         One never has.

Page no. 42

·         This morning I told 3 new trainees, about the mistakes I made

·         While launching 3p jobs& Recruit guru.(02-05-06).

   Page no. 59

·         With very little value addition?   

·         When he became “Director- planning,” M.H. pertain adopted these as

·         the basis for L &T`s strategy planning process. (26-06-06).

Page no. 63

·         right now, Discovery is getting ready to return to Earth, after a 10 day mission

·         Which linked (docked) her to International space station. Lift –off was postponed twice due to bad weather and a 13 cm crack in the insulation which was judged to be safe! Before takeoff. (14-07-06).

·         Andree’s Birthday

·         Safely landed on 16th

·         Let us hope (-and pray) that this flight returns to earth safely (may be tomorrow).

Page no. 88

·         When it comes to partner websites, Global Recruiter cannot be very choosey

·         These will not be BIG GUYS /BIG NAMES; in any case the big ones/ established ones will have Historical baggage (business model/revenue model/ client vase etc.)

·         Which they cannot ditch but I hope many entrepreneurs will join. (20-07-06).

Page no. 89

·         In our case, it will be the (would–be) partners who will “choose” us (Global Recruiter)

Page no. 96

·         Should Global Recruiter fail to click, there is not much else that icon do or even if I can, enjoy doing something else, I this being the case, I must persevere till GR becomes a SUCCESS.

Page no. 97

·         This is my weakness!

·         Will Global Recruiter succeed in changing “the basics” of online recruitment business?

·         We are going to try hand.

·         Read (on GR) “shape of things to come.

·         Page no. 98

·         My note “what we did wrong in 3p jobs.com” –is simultaneously “what we will do right (and how) in

·         Global Recruiter /India Recruiter.” To that extent, it is a pre-mortem.

·         What WWJ looks like at the moment! But this is not surprising consider ice  that we have, so far not spent even ONE rupee, on marketing this service. Jobseeker just does not know the existence of WWJ.

Page no. 100

·         Our 1. Network of website and 2. Pay-per-use, are “business-model” that do not exist today, in online recruitment business. Fundamentally different.

·         Fours for monster/ Naukri/times jobs.

·         No teams for me I had to do it all by myself.

Page no. 102

·         What I have been doing for last 4 years –largely with myself.

Page no. 107

·         All graphs in profile are “Analytics” (Function graph/salary /Tenure /Eduqnali/career-Track). Function graph even has a “RAW SCORE” attached. Hopefully this “Quantification” will motivate Recruiters to do a better/ more scientific job of hiring. We also plan to show (a number) “No of times this resume was viewed” “Hiring is acquiring!

Page no.108

·         I hope this happens when large no. of interviewers starts using IIT

·         (Interactive Interview Tool). (23-07-06).

Page no. 128

·         For “Eduqnali & “Experience “we are providing both- the data tables & graphs, in profiles, one below the other. On function profile/ Tenure profile & salary profile graphs, we have also

·         Added :> Mean > +1 sigma > my own score to highlight the relative Position.

Page no. 129

·         Presenting “facts” (contained in a text resume) in such a Graphical manner,

·         Will also result into UNIFORM INTERPRETATION amongst different Recruitment managers (belonging to same Corporation).

·         In India Recruiter, our s/W convent data (given in a resume) into 7 graphs within 10 seconds. This will facilitate quick grasping of the FACTS, which are, otherwise difficult to comprehend. 923-07-06).

Page no.132

·         Something along this line is contained in my note: “the mistakes that we made in 3p jobs & how we will avoid these in Global Recruiter.

·         3p jobs & how we will avoid these in Global Recruiter.

Page no. 154

·         What if my decision proves wrong? (Anxiety) so better not decide anything!

·         Analysis paralysis very often decisions do not improve even with tons of data. Market dynamics

·         Are cons tasty and rapidly changing and so is “data” a moving target.

Page no. 156

·         Analogy at its roots is “comparison” in our profile Graphs, we are also comparing “ABC” candidate with

·         Thousands of others “like” him. So now, a recruiter is not looking at that candidate is isolation/ stand-alone , but, in “relation” to thousands of other “similar” executives it is this graphical comparison (Analogy) that would re-in force a recruiter`s  decision in respect of that candidate (23-07-06).

·         E.g.: Israel is bombing Lebanon for last 8 days, in hot pursuit of Hezbollah terrorists & about to a send land troops in Lebanese territory. But India cannot attack terrorist camps in PAK despite train blasts which killed 200, 12 days back. Both have Nukes!

Page no.158

·         Will “raw score” of a candidate in his “profile” serve as a powerful “Anchor”? it is the “initial”

·         Probability

·         By providing limits &values_+1 sigma on the profile Graphs (65% of population)

·         We are, indirectly setting –up-a “Rule of thumb vis: Look for candidates on the right or left of this zone                            

·         (depending upon which Graph you are looking at)  (26-07-06).

·         “No. of times this resume was viewed” counter peer influence.

Page no. 159

·         “Profile “&”Interactive interview Tool” will be our main competitive advantages. There will be many

·         Minor too.

·         Most jobsites are carbon copies!

Page no. 165

·         In a way “Profile” too is such a diagnostic system

Page no. 167

·         Often it is not possible to employ such a process, it may scuttle the outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment