Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 30 September 2020

HOW GOOGLE CHANGED THE WORLD - VIRGINIA SCOTT

 



 ======================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins

These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

HOW GOOGLE CHANGED THE WORLD - VIRGINIA SCOTT


=========================================================================

Page No 07

·         We launched 3pjobs.com on Nov 14, 1997.

Page no 08

·         Print media in USA far more curious and made more supportive of “start-ups”

Page no 44

·         We too are in “search-business” (for a narrow domain) eg: job-search Resume search.

Page no 45

·         For the first time since launch of customize Resume.com we had 2832 visits & candidates registration yesterday despite site being down for 1 ½ hr. today, we might exceed yesterday‘s record.

·         I have plans in corporate – JAM / JAM /RAM/RAM into customize Resume.com With abilities to Apply from cell phone.

Page no 47

·         This is also my logic behind transforming a plain text resume in to 8/9 Analytical Graphs.  I think, a quick look these graphs will  enable a recruiter to quickly “ size-up a candidates and decided whether to call him for interview or not –a different decision in itself.   

Page no 131

·         2 days back Google announced setting-up a wireless broadband project that would save 500,000 homes.

·         Nexus  1 launched.


No comments:

Post a Comment