Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 2 September 2020

The Click Moment

Dialogue with Authors






-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins
These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement
Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :
Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )
Following are my comments re :
The Click Moment  /  Frans Johansson  /  09 - 19 Jan , 2013
========================================
Page 2
 2 days back I pitched to Professor Rahul Deshmukh  of IIT Bombay and to Shuklendu, idea of enabling users of IIT Bombay, version of My Jobs , to exchange jobs amongst their contacts
 It may be crazy but it could click
Page 3
On December 13 2012 ,  I requested Principal Damahe of LTIT To fix up a meeting with someone at IIT Bombay connected with Aakash Tablet project.  He fixed meeting with Professor Deshmukh on December 15, where I carried 4 printouts of a letter addressed to Professor Pathak,  to incorporate My Jobs on Akash
Deshmukh proposed a non-commercial virgin, using our site resources and database.  I agreed. Let us  wait and watch what comes out
Page 4
In my case , maybe such a moment was realisation that  no amount  of  promotional emailing can popularize My Jobs.  Maybe the best way was to persuade the tablet manufacturers to pre -load My Jobs on tablets before dispatch
That made me write  an email to  Sales@datawind.com
Two more reminders still no response
In third mail, I urged  the recipient to forward it to Suneet Tuli - CEO . It clicked. Suneet responded positively.
 I think that was March 2011
But  it was only around March 2012 that the first batch of Aakash tablets arrived and failed
 Akash 2 came out around November 2012
But Suneet could preload My Jobs only on the the commercial version UbiSlate - not on Akash Tablets being delivered to IIT Bombay
But because of Datawind, I could convince Swipe Telecom and Teracom to do likewise
Some more are likely to agree
But biggest breakthrough  could well be IIT- Bombay proposal

No comments:

Post a Comment