Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 23 September 2020

THE UPSIDE OF IRRATINALITY – DAN ARIELY

 


======================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins

These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :


=========================================================================

PAGE NO 05

·         For last 10 month, every day I spend ¾ hours posting my” blog comments” on dozens of websites. This is extremely boring & I am tired doing this day after day. But I know that it will help long run to get a higher PageRank for my website.

Page no 07

·         Enable you to make “bigger” mistakes, and “faster”! Computers are perfect examples.

Page no 08

·         Will JAM become an “irrational influence “for jobseekers? Will there be on “impulse” to apply against a jobalret- merely because it would be so EASY? Will “mobile technology “create such an impulse? We should know in 8/10 day.

Page no 12

·         Quite possibly, what I am trying [to achieve?] thru customize resume, could be termed “Irrational behavior” - considering that I have no chance to beat Naukri/ times job! But the up side is I am busy changed, living!

Page no 50

·         Today we launched JAM and I must remember / Narsinh Mehta.

Page no 56

·         This is how I feel today! Yesterday, we shot off 60,000 emails to promote JAM, and so fax no traffic! But I cannot all law my “faith “in JAM to be shaken-not so soon.

Page no 63

·         “Traffic” of jobseekers-in my case.

Page no 64

·         Appreciate jobs for all= peace on Earth.

Page no 65

·         In last 10 month, I have posted my “comments” [Leave A Reply] on thousands of blogs / articles. I am aware that hardly anyone read these. But these comments if “accepted “ for Publication, get me backlinks! to my website, and these back link, decide the PageRank of my site. So far, I have managed to get 26,200 backlinks! That impresses the position of my site in Google search results which serves a useful purpose.

Page no 75

·         “Jam statistic” page was hosted along with launch of JAM, to provide such a “feedback”. This is how I know [by looking up this page every few minutes] that no-one has yet started using JAM ! Maybe it is too early to feel this appointed.

Page no 76

·         I feel motivated to continue posting my “comments” on other people’s blogs, when I ford that no.of backlinks to my site went up from 23000 to 26000 in a period of 2 weeks.

Page no 77

·         Our own “order execution system” too required consultants to fill-in many forms as they progressed on an assignment. Some of the data which they had to enter did not directly / immediately “help” them in doing a better / faster job. It would help Nirmit to run the business better ¾ years, down the live. That benefit was too far to see appreciate.

Page no 84

·         May be that is what is driving me.

Page no 88

·         My website is all about customization but, so far hardly any traffic and the ½ candidates who do register every day,don’t’brother to “customize” their resumes! Why?   

Page no 89

·         My kind!       

Page no 95

·         We enable jobseekers to “customize? “Their resumes [40320 versions!} But hardly anyone seems interested; this idea might have worked in USA!                                       

·         Hopefully my today’s jobs recommendation system will do this.

Page no 105

·         Trying to convince D2H satellite  TV operators to agree to launch a “job alert channel, gives me this feeling How come they fail to “grasp” the potential of search a channel – the way I do? To me it is so “obvious but they don’t seem to set it

Page no 109

·         Since ‘job alert channel “& jam [ job alert on mobile] are  MY ideas, I am totallty “sold” on those. But I think, I succeeded in selling this to himanshu of video can today and on Friday I must sell that to Sony adhav of Airtel.

   

Page no 120

·         Like my own “JAM”? job alert on mobile JAT= JOB alert on TV

Page no 122

·         Today, in a conference call with Revathi [ HP LABS ] and Rohan I accepted her suggestion to limit JAM alert message to

Ø  JOB ID

Ø  company name

and suggested that we also. Add.

Ø  Position / vacancy name

Rohan, further suggested that instead of hard coding –to show 5 jobs at a time, he will create a code which will dynamically club together 2/3 or more jobs, till character limit of 150 character SMS was reached. I think both these suggestions are very useful, these suggestions, may even provide an “acceptable”  solution to JAT/ job alert channels on DTH platforms.


No comments:

Post a Comment