Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 1 October 2020

THE INVISIBLE GORILLA – CHRISTOPHER CHABRIS & DANIEL SIMONS




======================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins

These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :



==========================================================================================


Page no xi

·         “I have suffered most from this illusion.”

·         What illusion can I “take advantages of “-to persuade jobseekers to use JAM? It has been 13 days sine lunch and no traffic, despite pushing out 200,000 emails!

Page no 07

·         People see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear.   

Page no 11

·         Arjun being able “see” only one eye of the bird sitting on a branch of the tree.

Page no 14

·         Google computes “Relevance” of any search link to an entered “search Term “in this way. After search results are displayed, which is the “first” link that click and how long do you “stay” on that site before moving on.  

Page no 27

·         People hear what they like to hear!

Page no 30

·         Like placeman of your website on the very first page of Google search-results!

Page no 33

·         Read “Black Swan” by Nasim Taleb. of course, “Fooled by randomness” is better.

Page no 47

·         This did happen!

Page no 48

·         Quite like “key words database for any function or skill.

Page no 49

·         See Japanese movie “Rashomon” for  3 versions of a murder by 3 differcht “Eye witnesses

Page no 52

·         Read book “thinking on your feet” by a famous Americans criminal lawyer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment