Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 8 July 2021

OFF THE WALL MARKETING IDEAS – NANCY MICHAELS & DEBBI J. KARPOWICZ

 


====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

==================================================================================

Page No. xiii

·         Very much Our case

Page No. 4

·         I hope JAM does! Once JAM has settled in memories of jobseekers, then we would promote Recruit guru.

Page No. 5

·         Read “ Jobnirvana” & “Ownership Issues” on WWJ

Page no. 9

·         As of today, Recruit guru has 2 employees! Abhi & Rajiv

·         We are here

·         This is why I plan to send folders to MTNL / Airtel containing 10/12 draft advts. & 34 slogans.

·         I must persuade them to release these in Papers.

·         Our folders will contains a page of “Revenue – Projections” for MTNL / Airtel for currant year – IF they implement my ‘Marketing Promotions strategy & Schedule.”

Page No. 10

·         This is why, instead of sending my proposal as an email , I am sending it as a hard copy folder & making it colorful too! These executives are getting hunders of email daily but never a folder ( which cannot disappear with a mouse click!)

Page No. 14

·         Reverse of my business card gives an example :-

·         Where jobs come searching for you on your Mobile.

·         Where you apply online with a single click from your mobile.

Page no. 15

·         In next printing, I must add the visual of a job alert on the screen of a mobile phone.

Page No. 26

·         No. of Jammers being served counter on our website is designed to impress other MSPs / jobseekers.

Page No. 29

·         Airtel Have decided to send job alert SMS for FREE that will desprive them and us of revenue but I think it is a smart move. I think this will entice people to register.

Page No. 30

·         If we have millions of members for JAM and which we are working hard to have then the best we can do is to send out an automated Birthday Greeting email or SMS.

Page No. 39

·         I have to persevere till I have signed up all Mobile Service Providers one after another.

Page No. 40

·         Sending MKT.Promo.strategy Folders to MTNL/Airtel is to get them to launch an aggressive marketing campaign for Jam ( leveraging our allies.)

Page No. 46

·         If Airtel sends SMS blast to their 11.6 million mobile subscribers re: JAM and follow-up with a few print-advts. then JAM should take off. Hopefully, we would know within next 8/10 days.

·         Page No. Nirmit and satish Doshi of Sampoorna, started ERA executive recruiters Association some 2 years back, with just 8/10 members. Now they have 70 members.

Page No. 57

·         Someday, I hope to fill these spaces in small town newspapers with JAWS content. Jobs Across World summary. That would promote JAM indirectly.

Page No. 72

·         I hope to Participate in the next annual congruence of HRD networks ERA.

Page No. 73

·         As soon as JAM earns some money, we will host a Press Meet where we will invite MSPs & Journalists.

Page No. 87

·         One reason why all webpages on WWJ carry name of Abhinandan. Surfers must know that there is a flesh & blood person behind this website.

Page No. 94

·         After MTNL/ Airtel my next target is TATA INDICOM

·         JAM is totally contrary to jobsiters. But millions of jobseekers have spent hundreds of hours during last 6/8 years searching for jobs on jobsites. This habit is not going to die soon ! May be we need 2 yrs to change the rules.

Page No. 95

·         This is precisely what JAM does.

Page No. 119

·         Thru the folders which I sent out today to MTNL & Airtel executives, I have tried to convince them to release Advts. Promoting JAM at no cost to us!

Page No. 122

·         We keep repeating we are not a jobsite.

Page No. 128

·         I have suggested this to MTNL / Airtel in the folder.

Page No. 136

·         But do they value something which is given away free?

·         How can a jobseeker feel, taste , touch, hear a jobalert? Whether sent as an SMS or as an email.

Page No. 171

·         Despite sending 2 emails ( first to 146 editors / journalists of business magazines AND second to some 530 newspaper editors ), there Is not a single word about WWJ / JAM in any publication! What’s wrong ? Now I am waiting to send he third email after, JAM managers 50000 subscribers. I am hoping that such a figure, would make them sit up & take notice. I have to persevere till then. Exactly!

Page No. 172

·         May be I need to talk of 42 million unemployed registered with emp. Exchangers but no hope! The frustration the despair. Water water everywhere, not a drop to drink!

Page No. 175

·         JAWS ( Jobs Across World Summary ) could prove interesting to small – town newspapers.

Page No. 176

·         May be I could build JAM story around another ( job related) story that appears in a publication! Same journalist may feel like carrying a SEQUEL ! In short don’t give in , KEEP UP!

Page No. 178

·         It is now 6 days since MTNL on Mobile, hasted a press – conf. followed by lunch in a 5 star Hotel TAJ – still not a word so far in the press ! may be a new value Added service on mobile phones, is no more a NEWS ! hardly a day passes without a new service getting launched.

Page No. 180

·         Read It is different to remain unemployed No Place for ignorance!

Page No. 182

·         I must tie my story with the larger unemployment story.

Page No. 186

·         Next press email ? must include image of a job alert on a mobile screen. But then editors may not notice my email amongst hundreds they get daily! It may be better to send a hard copy.

Page No. 191

·         We have done this for newspapers magazines.

Page No. 192

·         Smaller towns & small circulation publications.

Page No. 200

·         We made this mistake in my last email. I sent to all the journalists in each publication, hoping at least one or two would show interest. Nothing happened!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment