Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 3 June 2021

THE CLICK MOMENT - FRAN JOHANSSON




====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

THE CLICK MOMENT - FRAN JOHANSSON        

                                                                                                          

===================================================================================== 


Page no = 02 (1)

·         2 days back, I pitched to Prof Rahul Deshmukh (of & IIT –B) and to shuklendu, India of “enabling user’s IIT-B version of my jobs, to exchange jobs amongst their contacts” it may be crazy but it could click.

Page no = 03 (2)

·         On Dee 13,2012, I requested principal  (Damage (LTIT) to fix-up a meeting with someone at IIT-B connected with Aakash Tablet project,  He fixed a meeting with prof. Deshmukh on Dec.15,where, I carried 4 print outs of a letter addressed to prof.pathak, to incorporate my jobs, on Aakash . Deshmukh proposed a non- commercial version, using our site resources / database. I agreed. L&T us wait & watch comes out.

Page no = 04 (3)

·         In my case, may be such a moment was realization that no amount of promo-emailing can popularize my jobs. MAY be the best way was to persuade on tablet, before dispatch. That made me writes an email to sales@datawind.com

·         Two more reminders, still no response. In third mail. I urged the recipient to forward it to sunset’ tuli- CEO.

·         IT “CLICKED” sonnet responded positively I think that was March 2011. But, it was only around MARCH 2012, that the first batch of Aakash Tablets around nov- 2012, But sonnet could preload My jobs only on commercial version (jubilate) –not on Aakash 2 being delivered to IIT –BOMBAY ,

·         But, because of Data wind, I could convince swipe Telecom 2 Tearoom to Do Likewise. Some more are likely to agree. But biggest breakthroughs could well be IIT-B proposal.

Page no = 08 (4)

·         When I met Prof Deshmukh. On 15 DEC. I did not expect him to come out with his proposed for a non-commercial version of my jobs. 

Page no = 09 (5)

·         For last one week or so, Kailas is emailing my poem (A Tribute) to some 10.000 candidates daily covering note requested them to forward it to it to their friends. We will send to 4.7 million candidates. May be it will click! AT lest one website (voice India .net) has uploaded it as a blog so far, there are “4” likes!

Page no = 10 (6)

·         Never the less, I must keep shooting in all directions, not knowing WHAT I might hit, and WHERE. IF IIT-B decides to pre-load, their “break-through” Next TENDER for Aakash (3 I ) that could be a month .will be for 5.6 million tablets ,which will get amongst several tablet mfr and GO I is planning to distribute 220 millings Aaksh tablets in may be, next 10/15 years,

Page no = 12 (7)

·         In my note prof Deshmukh? (Sent 3 day back) re: “Functional specifications for IIT-B version of My jobs”  I have proposed a fea future ,which” will enable usurers to “Exchange” jobAdvt  delivered to our see very  on their respective, mobile I have also suggested embleddiving their a party app “my APP share “ to enable usurers  to transfer MY jobs APK file.

Page no = 13 (8)

·         In app RESUME BLASTER, we have planned a cookie which will pick0up CONTACT details of a user and display these, on screen of the App touching contact NAME will dial & there will own of an envelope for sms. I have asked IIT-B to incorporate this feature in my jobs as well.

Page no = 14 (9)

·         Sounds quite like “the Tipping point” by Malcolm Gadwall. 

Page no = 15 (10)

·         “Death to job searches” is that a “ground Breaking idea “? And If Yes, what is the intersection? Interment enabled smart phones / Tablets / Aakash project of GOI / IIT-B version of my JOBS / jobs RSS feeds / willingness of tablet mfr to pre-load HP-lab Taskelt Technology / Resume Blaster.

·         Could my own Dec 15 conversation with Prof Deshmukh lead to something extraovinary? Could IIT-B .my back door entry?

Page no = 16 (11)

·         Few minutes back, received email from Harish (prof-Deshmukh asst.), requesting some resumes of cameraman / video Reward Even though. We don’t deal with such junior vacancies. I immediately asked sonal to find suitable resumes. & random event? May be.

·         My friend jay Alagia insisting upon, Dean of foreign student (uni-of Illinois) to grant me admission to MS Course & even without formal application from me was such an event.

Page no = 29 (12)

·         Merely as one job-portal, customize Resume, stands no chance to beat Naukri /Monster /Thimesjobs, playing the “Game” by their establish and rules. In jobs don’t play by those rules. 

Page no = 35 (13)

·         Samsung is expected to come out with models –having “flexible” screens – sometimes on 2013. In the meantime, at last vegans CES 2013.which starred plastic logics (c headed by indro Mukherjee) expects to later this year tablet screens as thin as a paper!

·         Slid its HQ bldg. few months back.

Page no = 36(14)

·         The smart phones. I think Resume Rather on June 27, 2007.By now 15000 + copies have been downloaded.

Page no = 37 (15)

·         Samsung will change the rules in 2013, July –sept 2012 quarter mobile shipments consisted of 75 % Android phones mostly Samsung.

 Page no = 39 (16)

·         My jobs is same we launched 3p jobs.com on 14 nov.1997.

Page no = 43 (17)

·         I launched customize Resume 2010. So far FLAT growth!!

Page no = 44 (18)

·         With q graphical profiles (generated in 15 se cods) our site can “create” 360.000/ permutations of a resume, but no seems to care!! Our own “A aggregation of jobs thru RSS feeds!

 Page no = 45 (19)

·         “True caller” app (free) has been adding 1 million mobile phone nose to its database EVERY DAY for the last 25 days I am checking the count, every few days. Black swan: very rare / huge impact “Fooled by Randomness “Taleb Nassim.  

Page no = 48 (20)

·         Likely 3rd or 4th email to Data wind and now same 10/15 emails (once a prefight)  to some 40+ other tablet mfr of which by now 2 more joined 2 at interest stay .

Page no = 52 (21)

·         “Jobs aggregated from several (jobpoortals and redacted to a common database, at one place” this is not a readily available info. but even that has failed to bring traffic to our website.  In India alone during the past 18 months more than 100, so called “mfr “of tablets have cropped up! Very few will survive- May be 10/15 who will manage to secure part of GOI million tablets, due next month. I suppose this is particnarly true of websites & mobile APPS.

Page no = 53 (22)

·         This morning, shuklendu confirmed that they have succeeded in developing a coolie which “picks-up” contact details of a mobile-user of our next app RESUME BLASTER this is a significant breakthrough!  But I suppose it will get copied by others within a few months of launched!

Page no = 54 (23)

·         If customizeRasume was to simply “cops” the business mobile / features of Naukri / monster / times jobs, it stands decided to explore the UNCHARTED territory.

·         Apart from apps my jobs, and Resume Blaster, I count on doing something “magical” thru next website www. Online jobs fair.com (design ready) 

Page no = 57 (24)

·         Carried stone at the gates of sikorsky helicopter factory: “According to known laws of aerodynamics, the weight to the wing span ratio of a humming bird is such that the hummingbird connote fly but hummingbird did not learn   a aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies any way “

Page no = 58 (25)

·         “Different” alone is not sufficient! On our site “customization” of a graphical profiles, is UNIQVE still no traffic.

Page no =61 (26)

·         If IIT-B version of “my jobs” gest pre-loaded on Aakash tablets (tender for 5.6 million coming out next month), then it could possibly “click” and if it does, that could “induce” Resume BLASTER to also click.

Page no = 52 (27)

·         “Jobs” a aggregated from several jobpoortals and reduced to a common database at one place: this is not a readily available even that has failed to bring to our website.

·         In India alone, during the past 18 months more than, 100. So called have “mfr of tablets have cropped up! Very few will survive - may be 10/15. Who will manage to serve part of GOI order for 5.6 million tablets?  Due next month.

·         I suppose this is particularly true of websites. & mobile.

Page no = 53 (28)

·         This morning shuklendu confirmed that have succeeded in developing a cookie which “picks – up” contact details of a mobile –user of our next app RESUME BLASTER This Is A Significant breakthrough! But I suppose it will get copied by others within a few months of launch !

 

Page no = 54 (29)

·         If customize Resume was to simply “copy” the business novel / features of Naukri / monster / times jobs, it stands no chance to succeed. This is why; I decided to explore The Uncharted Territory.

·         Apart from apps my jobs, and Resume baster, I count on doing something “thru next website www. Online jobs .com (design ready)

Page no = 57 (30)

·         Carved stone at the gates of Sikorsky helicopter factory: “According to known laws of aerodynamics the weight to the wing span ratio of a humming bird is such that the humming bird cannot fly out but humming did not learn an aerodynamic so it goes ahead and flies any way”

Page no= 58 (31)

·         “Different” alone is not sufficient! On our site “customization of graphical profiles is UNIQVE still no traffic!

Page no = 61 (32)

·         If IIT –B version of “My jobs” gets pre-loaded on all Aakash tablets (tender for 5.6 million coming out next month). Then it could, possibly “click”. And if it does that could “induce” Resume Blaster to also click.

Page no = 62 (33)

·         Recruiter Guru “is mention on top of each screens of app “My jobs” in IIT-B version, it would read, it will also appear “powered by Recruit Guru “And, on all screens Blaster. Recruiter guru becomes the BEAND.

Page no = 63 (34)

·         I plan to achieve as follows 1) in IIT-B version of my jobs: Exchange of jobs between. “CONTACTS.

·         2) In Resume Blaster – By showing which of my contact are ONLINE and being able to phone them OR SMS. Thru / Available our library. 

·         This is what I hope happens with NT-B version OF My jobs. .

·         My partners: 1) HP labs 2) IIT-Bombay 3) Tablet Mfrrs. Next –TV channels for delivering job-alerts on BIG screens. 

Page no = 64 (35)

·         The letter I wrote to NHD (chairman I&T for a job? in 1959.)

·         “Cause Effect “notion rules our psyche.

Page no = 66 (36)

·         3 leading women of this group got murdered in a fairs office yesterday. 

Page no = 67 (37)

·         I guessed same way / cause Effect.

Page no = 69 (38)

·         Like home minister, shinde, that terrorist leader Hafez Sayeed was seen in POK a few days back to “explain” the “connection” beheading of 2 Indian soldiers earlier this week, by unknown “infiltrators” across Lon.

Page no = 71 (39)

·         Because you “expect” the existence of a pattern.

Page no = 72 (40)

·         In my email today to shuklendu, I asked 6th screen of RESUME BLASTER, to display No. of Resumes blasted Industry city wise company wise. Will users “try” to find some pattern? Will usurer try to these ‘safe” pattern? Safety in numbers.   How can so wrong?

Page no = 75 (41)

·         You see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear.

Page no = 76 (42)

·         Viz = Every “Effect” must have a “ cause” HOW can quitting “happen” at all without something “causing” it to happen.” ?

Page no = 82 (43)

·         I suppose I “plan” in order to keep “mentally engaged” Good Enough Reason? I Respective of the “outcome” you must find a “cause” to act. Jobs for all = Peace on Earth.

Page no = 88 (44)

·         A few minutes back, I saw an email from a marketing company (KRONO) , offering to send marketing SMS to people of a given community viz = Gujarati / Panjabi / Marathi / Tamil etc. I tried to forward this mail to shuklendu re: changing our SUBMIT RESUME from, to incorporate this filed Email “delivery failed! BUT  I just realized that in our FORMS, under EOD QUALI section, we are insisting on “MEDIUM” OF INSTRUCTIONS” that will allow us to incorporate. “Sort by LANGUAGE” in proposed “ADSHARP”! IF iit version of MY jobs does get installed on 5 million Aakash Tablets, other copy-cats will follow.

Page no = 89 (45)

·         For “my jobs” these will be final year students of various IIT & IIM!!

·         Once registers – and then EDITS- resume on but a jobseeker, who customizeResume.kind of gets “LOCKED IN “

·         Like providing filed for “ MEDIUM of INSTRUCTION “?

Page no = 90 (46)

·         This could well be the case with MY jobs, if IIT-B agrees to preload it on 5 million Aakash tablets. These are going to be distributed to “Govt. owned schools & colleges students, all over India “between Apria DEC. OF this year,

Page no = 91 (47)

·         Once again: No “effect “without a “cause”?

Page no = 92 (48)

·         “My jobs” has than 300 competing Apps – except near all “copy “the online “job search” process “MY jobs is the only “FINER” tepee of job- app!

·         What is UNIQUE about my jobs? / NO search / find job matched with “resumes” / RSS feed from servile / making one stop SHOP / pre-loaded on  tablets / IIT VERSION.

Page no = 93 (49)

·         Like my sending today emails to 30+ tablet mfr re= next tender for 5million Aakash tablets?

·         Sounds like my jobs so far.

Page no = 94 (50)

·         I am at this stage tablets. Just increase the count. Like pursuing 40 tablets mfr to convince 3 so far, in 1 year.

Page no = 95 (51)

·         Non – commercial version of my jobs require “interconnectivity” between shuklendu and Prof Deshmukh.  Once IIT-B develop my jobs, agree to upload on their web site AND convince GOI to pre –loaded  it on 5 million Aaksh tablets, imitators, cannot could that ,in fact, fore other  tablet to fail in line & start –loading my jobs on their products ?

Page no = 98 (52)

·         I hope IIT—version of my jobs, becomes the first version to be installed on 5 million Aakash tablets.

·         Our own “value pack” will consist of my jobs Resume Blaster, using same user ID password & both FREE jobseekers.

 Page no = 99 (53)

·         IBM & MS? When VBM decided to “source”, Microsoft’s o/s rather than develop its own? 

Page no = 103 (54)

·         For me the 2 giants are: HP labs & IIT –Bombay and then, each tablet mfr who pre-loads “my jobs “is a mini-giant.

Page no = 104 (55)

·         Obviously IIT team would need support from sentient systems team. We won’t voluntarily “kill” the commercial version of my jobs. BUT .IIT version becomes a run-away success; it may die on its own! No problem we plan to make money from RESUME BLASTER, for which there will be only one version,

Page no 105 (56)

·         And late 2011, Google Motorola Mobility for over $ its 17000 patents on mobiles!

Page no = 110 (57)

·         We have an app and IIT –b can promo vide us the Aakash platform I hope the combination “clicks” I never thought of appnaching  IIT-B until ex- DATAWIND  employees, jasjit sing  told me cover phone from Delhi that MY jobs is not getting installed on tablets being supplied to IIT-B to me, that came as a rule surprise ! IT works me to the necessity of talking directly to someone in IIT-B CONNECTED with Aakash project.

Page no = 111 (58)

·         But I did not anyone IIT-B! So, I phoned and asked primeval Damahe (of LTIT) for help. HE said he knows someone and fixed –up my meeting with Prof Deshmukh it was he who came up with idea of developing a non-commercial version of MY jobs, which would pass muster with IIT-B HRD ministry etc.

·         What was Deshmukh   “insight”? Without compromising on the “Academic” nature of various Apps being developed by IIT develop a non –commercial. Version that 1) benefits Aakash users (standings)

·         2) Beverages our site resources and domain expertise.

Page no = 114 (59)

·         Although, by and large searching & applying for jobs, is  a PRIVATE  experience, in India , mobiles  area all about “forwarding and sharing “ experiences this is ahy,to IIT I Have Sagged To Added  to “Exchanging  job alerts”

Page no = 120 (60)

·         I want to my pc, logged into Examify. Com & registered then shot off a mail to founder samurai Bhutan, suggesting   we meet lets us wait to see if this forms a “connection”

Page no = 123 (61)

·         Conceits: 1) Examify .com – Generate Exam papers for student 2) CustomizeRasume—Job ALERT   how can they benefit from each other? Target audience is the SAME.

Page no = 124 (62)

·         Have you heard of teenager who launched one Million pixel.com? e.g.: I am always searching some “insight” in to auto multiplication of viruses so that I cash use that to multiply MY jobs.

Page no = 125 (63)

·         Parallel: when students are using “my jobs” give then a feeling that they are using “Angry Birds”

·         Can we make candidates’ photo appear on the screen as soon as he logs on? Personalize tion of MY jobs sent sms to Harish. IIT

Page no = 143 (64)

·         I like to think about my jobs, in these terms, viz “simplify job- sear shing “FIND bitable jobs, rather than SEARCH for then.

Page no = 149 (65)

·         Would my 7 job-portals, in15 year, fall in this category? Design / logic of 2 more are ready –awaiting execution: 1) online jobs Fair.com 2) B2B BmessageBlaster.com

·         The trees whose Hawkes Pollens spread over avastwrea, proliferate. & survive. Larger sample size!

Page no = 150 (66)

·         Improve their “chance” statistically / may be my best site could well be onlinejobfair.

·         While designing my websites, I have consulted potential users!!

Page no = 155 (67)

·         My jobs are a FINDER try pe of app –rather than a SEARCHER type – which makes it NEW /DIFFERENT. But so far, nothing to indicate that it may find acceptance among get. Jobseekers.

Page no = 156 (68)

·         HOW can I make “My jobs” addictive? By shoaling “Your contact Applied Against these jobs?

 Page no = 160 (69)

·         “ my jobs “was created by HP labs , for free- now its non-communal version ,too will be created by IIT-B ,for FREE  THEN WE WILL FOLLOW-UP WITH resume BLASTER & later with “B2B marketer” lafer & may be “job hold. Resume Holder  (rat)  to be followed by Aduploader each may take sentient system,4/6 weeks costing us rs.25000/= to 30.000/=  small bets.

Page no = 161 (70)

·         My first mobile app, JAM (job Alert on mobile) was launched in nov.2005 (thru word- jobs.com) then in 2010, we re-launched, HP’s technology –based JAM, thru customize Resume just did not click A year later, in Dec.2011. We laundered “My jobs” communal version.

Page no = 162 (71)

·         Despite RSS feeds from 4 job portals, our live jobs database is stagnating at around 27000-30.000, at any given time to raise this number TENTIMES, we need to adopt work! Approach viz: getting millions of SME (small, medium Enterprises) to “post” vacancies on our site BUT they have no pc / wired internet, to “access: our site- SOLUTION? A mobile app.

Page no = 166 (72)

·         But this was a reasonably sound approach 30 years ago! When Indian industry& could only more in a predictable manner. Most   “assumptions” tuned out accurate. In a regulated system.

Page no = 167 (73)

·         This is exactly has “governed” my actions /efforts at developing one site after another .for last 15 year! We must have “lost “a few lakhs of rupees each year BUT sieved due to  our other head hunting business.

Page no = 170 (74)

·         MY idea “Being able to millions with out to pc / wired internet “ I am waiting for such “word” to :spread”

Page no = 171 (75)

·         No fancy “search criteria” in my jobs just perfectly mat chad jobs. “My jobs “are 672kb app a light weight.

Page no = 175 (76)

·         A Spanish proverb: “if you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans”

Page no = 176 (77)

·         Like A butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil can bring about flood in china? Theory of chaos.

Page no = 177 (78)

·         More use of “my jobs” = less job search on job portals? But this chef is “intended” 

Page no = 180(79)

·         For 2 weeks after the gang rape of Delhi girl joy fit Singh payday there were huge demister tion, all over the country A wakes later, no one is on roads! Only media is carrying the campaign!

Page no = 184 (80)

·         My job does. Only this week I asked nit in sentient to drop “your contacts” replace with “top ten page, in

·         RESUME BLASTER, I hope to create “competition amongst users.

Page no = 188 (81)

·         IOS vs. Android Bancklerry? Vs. Touch Screen?

Page no = 194 (82)

·         A”coldest” hotel that is also, the “Hottest”  


No comments:

Post a Comment