Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 18 June 2021

IDEAS ARE FREE - ALAN G. ROBINSON & DEAN M. SCHROEDER



====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

IDEAS ARE FREE - ALAN G. ROBINSON & DEAN M. SCHROEDER     

                                                                                                          

=====================================================================================


Page no = 5

·         Someday when we develop an online “Ante cadent cheek” feature, it is possible that India Recruiter; s snscriloers (Recru.Agencies, + End employers )may first carry-out  this cheek before proceeding to use online Guru quest (iit) which is quite consuming.

Page no = 9

·         I have proposed that Rahul / saurabh / Swati/ sonal & yogesh, in turn spend a week each, along with 3p’s consultants to understand the recruitment process.

Page no = 11

·         Generation of candidates’ profiles, is also such an interconnected & interdependent system, where percentile score of every candidate changes (even if infinite simply), with the arrival of every new resume.

Page no = 13

·         Once India Recruiter is launched it won’t take monster / Naukri / times job etc. to “copy-even improve upon” our ideas / features, should they decide to do so our “advantage” may remain short-lived!

·         On internet, all ideas are toughly exposed transparent very little effort to “discover” 

·         If Recruitment Agencies –and a few large / influential / corporates are so happy with India Recruiter that they “standardize” on profiles, then they are bound to share this with monster /Naukri etc.

Page no = 29

·         I hope profiles /IIT prove to be such big dramatic ideas.

Page no = 34

·         Sitting in their: ivory – towers, our s/w developers will never fully understand the actual business-processes (including wasteful ones) being followed by our consultants, they need to actually “do” what the consultant are doing –before they can think –up of improvements.

Page no = 43

·         In Guru QUEST (IIT), we plan to have a feature, using which, a customer can create his own / private “Question Bank” for interviewing candidates. I have a feeling that different clients will find different “uses” for this thru modifications.

Page no = 44

·         In Guru Quest, we have already in corporate a feature whereby a counter –number goes up, each time a keyword gets “clicked” ( to reveal a question ) these counters ( one next to each key word ) will establish the popularity ( or otherwise) of each keyword .we intend to incorporate this feature in Guru Archive as well.

Page no = 47

·         We plan to install many such “meters (counters) on our website, indiarecuriter, each of which will indicate the “usage” of a certain link (no, of times clicked)

Page no = 49

·         Same with the “click –counter” idea, which  we will use at many places in our website.

Page no = 50

·         Today, I suggested to saurabh, to pull from Wikipedia, the definition of any keyword (appearing in karma scope) this will help even “semi-expert” interviews to ask complex domain- speufic. Questions to a candidate. Next using these “definition, in reviewers may start creating their own “private Data beak “of questers this would make Guru Quest.  Popular amongst in interviewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment