Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 22 June 2021

REWORK - JASON FRIED & DAVID H. HANSSON



====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

REWORK - JASON FRIED & DAVID H. HANSSON

                                                                                                          

=====================================================================================


Page No = 10

·         It is over 2 years, that I strafed working with HP labs! But, so far, I have not met anyone!

·         Now, I have approached some 36 tablet manufacturers to pre- install, my jobs, I will not meet (ever) most of them

Page no = 13

·         When “My jobs” catches-up, millions will use it every day: and I want to reach this stage without advertising or hiring some Mktg guy. !

Page no = 16

·         It took ¾ emails to convene sunset Tuli (Data wind) but it worked now, I am sending out email every week, to other 35 tablet manufactures. Even swipe Telecom agreed after emails. I have to keep- up my efforts.

Page no = 17

·         Mila grow & class pad are testing “My jobs” if they too agree to ore-install, that would make 4 with each additional tablet mfr agreeing, my “Reference list” grows – and makes it easier to sell the idea  to next .

Page no = 19

·         In my yesterday’s meeting with milind shah, CEO, whistle he suggested working together to develop a “job fair” APP. TODAY I have drawn –up a rough proposal After showing it to shuklendu – and getting  his ok , I will send it to milind, early next  week.

Page no = 22

·         Applica to me after Alex and priya left in DEC. 2010

Page no = 31

·         I have no doubt that one day / may jobs / Resume Blaster / jobs fair etc. will make a big difference to jobseekers. And for that, I must convince the tablet / smart phone manufacturers.

Page no = 32

·         Job Fair app will not “destroy /replace” campus interviews at prestigious colleges but,

·         It will certainly open –up a new / online / instant platform for employers.to interview / select fresh graduates, and, for SME employers. Who will never get invited to conduct campus intewiews, this will open at new way to reach-out to fresh graduates.

Page no = 35

·         I am just thinking: if a thousand fresh graduate’s queen –up (apply) for one vacancy (of one company) in a VIRTUAL JOB FAIR, how can online Recruiter ever manage to interwar all them? NOT possible, so, he needs, ELIMINATION. Process in order to bringdowen that 1000 applicants just 10! So, our s/w must do some elimination thru “Matching job- specifications ‘with candidates Resume on fields’ like: 1) Degree 2) % of marks in final years, 3) city.

Page no = 38

·         On internet ideas are due-a- dozen.   

Page no = 43

·         Recruiter Guru / Customize Resume may never become a “Great business” – but I still have to the farthest corner of India.

Page no =50

·         At 3p, we have not taken a single / smallest loan since inception 22 yrs. ago nor have we once defaulted in paying monthly salaries to our employees.

Page no = 53

·         I just need enough to pay shuklendu to depute 2 s/w developers full time (50.000) month, and for broadband leased line for our webserver. I am currently paying shuklendu RS. - 15400/ = FOR 1 part time s/w developer – hence development is very s/w.

·         If I can convince 8/10 tablet mfr to pre-install My JOBS then I don’t need anyone!

Page no = 62

·         In “communicating for productivity” set of interned letters, read “committee // come-meet” written some 30 years ago.

Page no = 72

·         E.g. I am right now designing “job fair” both “online”& as an “App” But “APP” can come later, first, I must make job fair work can wait for version 2.0

Page no = 85

·         People are looking for jobs now and will be looking for jobs 10 yrs. From now. Chronic “unemployment” of India .is catching on in west as well .so more 8 more people will be searching for jobs. If this assumption is sent, exhaustive 100 pages needed for ever, today, hand written concept note / u I / FAQ etc.  To shuklendu, for launching free, site, www.Online jobs fair.com. I have  tried to build these virtues in Online jobs fair.

Page no = 100

·         Millions of jobseekers in India have no access to interment (thru wire). “My jobs” gets those job-advts –and enable them to apply WITHOUT wire thru smart phones and tablets.

Page no = 120

·         On 6 Nov. sent to shuklendu, folder containing design / concept / u-I / FAQ, etc. -for online jobs star. Targeting 15 apn / 2013. For launch .But that would require much more development resources. And , therefore ,much more money – which I don’t; have so, last week  I changed prion ties and asked him to complex Resume Blaster. 

Page no = 105

·         I am in “alone zone” most of the time either at office or at home , no one ,ever , interrupts me, or even phones me !

Page no = 109

·         Read my note: “come –meet –tea “a ka “committee”

Page no = 110

·         In L&t , when I was GM (powai ) I started FMM ( Five Minute Meeting )  every morning at 9.am ,in C4 CONF,Room they could also bring along any other colleague, whose present at the meeting they considered “necessary”

·         Anyone can pose a problem and other concerned, managers need to a “decision” got taken and it was also decided “who” will implement “what” No minutes cut down, telephonic.

·         Interruptions, all thru the day, people c( party ci pants ) left as soon as “their” problem got “resolved” FMM lasted was one RULE. No one will sit –down on a chair everyone will keep standing all thru meeting. !! 

Page no = 113

·         My jobs – IIT version.

·         My first meeting with Prof Rahul Deshmukh was on 15 Dec .2012, when, he came up with the idea of iit. B, DEVELOPING, A non –commercial version of my jobs, which, would be dwenlode from IIT-B website, He hoped to be able to persuade HRD unitary, to pre-load it,

·         Second meeting was yesterday with IIT-B  s/w  developers  ( Harish / Rani/ satish / sager ) where I handed , over a priority- wise list of new  of new features to be in corporate they thought most are Target completion date if they  manage within 4/5 weeks, it has a good chance of getting preloaded on next tender of 5 million on Aakash.

Page no = 115

·         Data wind & swipe telecom were easy to convince (to plow my jobs) Tera.com took 8/10 weeks to convince now there is a ill. Waiting for many weeks for go-tech, / zync/ champion, to respond! Beyond tech, showed interest only 1 week, ago. If 2/3 more joins the bandwagon, I will get enthused to chase the others. Phoned up Anurag (sync) His top managers are not keen. !!

Page no = 116

·         At the same time following must be noted =

·         *Never put in the hands of customers, a half-baked” / shoddy product/ service, that has more bugs than features!

·         You get only ONE “first enhance to make a good imprecation” A disappointed / disillusioned customer, never returns! First impression lasts long. And in interment age, customers have plenty of choices,

Page no = 119

·         We finally launched “Resume Blaster” app on 02/03/2013, and we have started sending out promo emails to.

·         Jobseekers (47 lakh @ 10.000 / day )

·         4 tablet mfr ( Data wind / swipe / Teracom.Byond tech )

·         College principals ( sending promo. Mail to approx. 2000 today )

·         Politicians to whom sent so far.

·         Khilesh yadav ( cm- up ) HP- LABS

·         Rahul Gandhi / kapil sibal / shashi thereon / milind Deora / in current UPA Govt,

·         *** Narendra Modi – CM—Gujarat ( online )

·         I must keep this up till we build up q buzz.

Page no = 128

·         E.g.  The

·         Priority list that I handed yesterday to IIT-B team was earthy arrange this way: most important item on top, viz,

·         Cookies for picking up “contacts” from users mobiles.

·         In targeting “My App share”

·          Make “My jobs” social (pg.  66 /DIGIT / VOL.13 /ISSUNE I )

·         Exchanging of job-advts amongst users.

·         English + Hindi.

·         Full job Advts Display.

·         Eliminate Applied / Not –Applied “Tabs.

·         Integrate IIT-B own publicity Advert.

·         Downlodingof graphical customized Renounces.

·         Add New Fields in “submit Resume “Forms.

·         Display user’s photo on log-in-screen.

·         Show statically counters.

·         Harish just sent SMS saying he will give feedback around 4.30 patter second meeting with Prof Deshmukh.

Page no = 138

·         Only by the end of this year, I will not to know whether my jobs has been “successful “on not and if it is, others are bound to folios.

·         If IIT-B does finally come up with its version of “my jobs” AND if it succeeds in getting on Aakash tablets, THEN others CANNOT copy that HRD ministry will not accept 2 different job alert apps, from 2 different parties.

Page no = 141

·         We must remember, this is a double –edged sword. Of course I do say-and often write Death to JOB- search” DO not conduct a job search on our site!

·         Not very good ideas only work with a highly discerning audience.

Page no = 142

·         “Death to job search “is exactly “opposing” endive set of online job-portal!  

Page no = 148

·         I rarely visit others job-portals may- is 6 months or 12 months.

Page no = 149

·         Naukri / monster / times jobs don’t have:

·         Aggregation of jobs from several sites.

·         Creating a graphical profiles,

·         Customization of ,,,,, (360.000 versions)

·         My jobs.

·         Playing the game by their “rules”.

·         In www.indiaRecuiter.net,we had several UNIQUE features, such as:  

·         Interactive interview Knowledge. Tool (  Regular / Casual )

·         RAT.

·         Share your Knowledge

·         Poll-e-Ticks.

·         No place to HODE.

Page no = 154

·         This is why I keep pushing my jobs, despite such poor (Nil?) usage after I year.

·         Page no = the features want IIT-B to incorporate in their non- commercial version of my jobs (pg.  128) are NOT there in the commercial version launched on 28 Dec. 2011 (Ambani.s   Birthday)

·         But if IIT-B version  gets  pre-loaded  on 5 million Aakash tablets during 2013, then the users are “school/ college Students” starting with Engineering College students” They are experts at  using Apps/ social Network sites , and will love these features.

Page no = 159

·         E.g.= www.Onlinejobs Fair .com

·         www.B2B  messageBlaster.com

·         www.Resumes Exchange.com

Page no = 167

·         Good, not to be noticed by competitors, who can crush you!

Page no = 171

·         May be someday I will create a blog page on our site,

·         As of now, I post my comments (quite lengthy, insightful as proper blogs) on are tides / news item appearing on other websites 

·         This morning Google returned 72.300 / results. When I typed. (Hemen parekh blogs)

·         It is 32.000 –if you. Typed.

Page no = 179

·         In India Recruiternet.we   had page (more than one) explaining how, we collate Raw score / weigh tapes.

Page no = 182

·         I followed this, while writing 200+ le hers to 7500+ employees of L&T (POWAI) during 1979/1987.

Page no = 191

·         I am waiting for response from & Data wind / swipe / Treason & BY and techno IF these 4 agree to pre local Resume Blaster. I can use that as a “Reference” –while writing to others.

·         Resume Blaster is free

Page no = 197

·         Since launch of 3pjobs.com on 14 nov.1997 it has been 15 years. ! And, I have gone thru:

·         3p jobs.com

·         World –wide-job.com

·         Global Recruiter ,net

·         India Recruiter, com.  

·         And  now.

·         Customize Resume.com (sine 2010) Already written u/I & concept notes for.

·         OnlineJobsFAIR.COM

·         B2B MessageBlastev.com

·         Resumes Exchange.com

·         And new ideas keep coming.

Page no = 201

·         Most valid observant.

·         What I believe –and am doing no need to convince explant then regret!!   

Page no = 202

·         What Nirmit and I did, for the first years of 2/3. Years of 3p Even then, watching / training others (often thru personal examples.  Is an ongoing task.

Page no =208

·         Steve jobs was a “master” at this,

Page no = 211

·         All of these is time for “Experienced Professsionls”to some extent, even in India, But, this just won’t work for millions of undveraducet /fresh Graduates (some 3.5 million) coming out of India‘s colleges, ash year !  Only 10% of these find regular jobs! 

·         For the rest, during an interview, to declare that, he is so far “unemployed” is the biggest disqualication! 

·         It is true; they need a job / only job at any salary in any company, doing anything, in any position!!

·         They must, each, send out 10.000 resumes and hope that ONE clicks!

·         The must depend upon law of probity!

·         This is the premise on which I launched RESUME BLASTER on 02/03.

Page no = 222

·         Today I sent out a promo email to 1500 + principal / directors of colleges requesting thru to put-up my email on their notice Boards, so that their graduating students come to know about RESUNE BLASTER.

·         IF I have done a good job (of writing) communicating, then .in 8/10 days traffic to our website should go up.

Page no =231

·         And also when “something goes RIGHT “Read my letters “communicating for productivity” 1982/87.

·         What my letters were all about?

Page no = 244

·         “My jobs” has just no takers so far, but I believe in it.

·         Americans are given to hyper bole they will exaggerate everything! 



No comments:

Post a Comment