Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 25 June 2021

BREAKTHROUGH INNOVATION HAPPEN - PORUS MOSHI

 


====================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins


These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

BREAKTHROUGH INNOVATION HAPPEN - PORUS MOSHI

                                                                                                          

=====================================================================================

 

Page no = 03

·         Taken from either “innovators” Dilemma” or “innovator’s solution”.

·         Like suneet tail enrolling widget app develoyres for Aaksh tablet or me, enrolling HP labs to develop “my jobs”

Page no = 04

·         Starting with 3pjobs in 1997, and thru 7 portals I have tried hard to “stay the course” it was not easy.

·         But, it makes take servile “failovers” before chancing upon that elusive “success”  

Page no = 06

·         For me the challenge was:

·         How can I take job-related info millions of jobseekers located in remote regions of India where there   is little or NIL, internet connectivity?

·         On internet, ideas are “Daye-a-dozen”

Page no = 07

·         Like “my jobs” – apersonlozed job-portal –that needs no pc/ Broadband – only a smart phone.

·         I have every reason to believe that Data wind will be the biggest mfr of tablets in I had in 2012, may be upward of 2 million tablets. That will make them a true “leader” Q: - Riding piggy back on Aakash tablet s’ can “My jobs” make job-search (on job portals) obsolete?

Page no = 13

·         My own: - “jobs for ALL= peace on Earth” this will certainly NOT happen in my lifetime or even in several life times!

·         But many will appreciate this challenge –and will keep working on it, for centuries to come. Challenge is to lay down the “Road” not reach the destination.

·         To begin with, “Eliminate job-search in India.

Page no = 14

·         About to be launched “Resume Blaster” widget, will enable jobseekers to blast their resumes to 59000. Employers / recruiters, using only their smart phone. But why not a million? 10 million?

Page no = 18

·         Aaksh tablets – cheapest in the world – provide inter net access to millions, who have not “heard” about Net or even seen a pc. That is radical “My jobs” will bring them job-info & enable them to “Apply”, doing anyway with typing & postage! That too will be radical and, we are talking of marriage of these radicals.

·         “Make yourself obsolete before someone else does” (Theodore Levitt).

·         Will Naukri Monster & times jobs jump onto the band-wagon of “Make job search obsolete”?

Page no = 19

·         This could well happen to my jobs if it became a runaway success,

Page no = 20

·         Since I have financial resources –and since I am no more than a “one man army” this is my aim. If combination of Aakash & my job succeed in bringing traffic to our sites then I will try to persuade other smartphone tablet mfrs. Can/ will “My jobs” become a habit amongst unemployed?

Page no = 21

·         “my jobs” service to jobseekers is totally FREE, the more it gets used, the more our webserver has to work .our revenue too, will come from Ads server on widget, on top of that we have in-built machismo to make jobseekers touch /open  advert –so that we get more ad money.

·         If Data wind plans on delivering 20 lakh Aakash tablets between April2012 & Dec,2012, it would mean, an average of 8000 tablets day –each caring “My jobs” widget.

Page no = 22

·         I have not asked a single jobseeker about his views on, job searching in general and usefulness of “my jobs” widget in partita in particular!  I am simple going by get feeling Ditto w,r,t, Resume Blaster.  

Page no = 25

·         If. “My   jobs” (-and a little, “Resume Blaster”) clicks in a big way on Aakash Tablets,  I would certainly use that as an argument ( aspecially,the Ad Revenue )  to convince other tablet mfr. Each new mfr. That I manages to sing-up, would strengthen My case with the next mfr AND I must do this very quietly without getting noticed lay Naukri / time jobs &  monster. No fanfare.no trumpets.

Page no = 26

·         Naukri / times jobs / monster do have mobile apps for job search, but these are merely somewhat truncated versions of their online job search features.

·         In “my jobs” there is no SEARCMING!

·         This is especially, very important for “my jobs” since, millions of Aakash tablets are expects to be distributed FREE to 10th std passed students, in up PUNJAB & TN etc. as a part of election –promises by winning parties  GSP /SAD/ AIADMK.

·         We will do the same in weeks by creating a separate, submit Resume” from for 10th STD 12th STD .undergrads fresh grads & find for them “matching jobs”

Page no = 32

·         This would well happen to us! Getting suneet tuli of Data wind to agree to be- install “My jobs” on Aakash Tablets, was god’s I had made similar request to hundreds of executives for diffent  favors, each time in the past 10 years with ZERO success ! if successful I will continue to other smartphone tablets  mfr it is quite possible that Naukri monster times jobs will come up with apps similar to my jobs and will succeed unconvincing  other tablets mfr,

Page no = 33

·         Dainik bhasker was an established “organization”  when they conceived of the “challenge” then ,it threw all its “Resources” Even though, I do seek to change the paradigm of organization nor any resources .just a one-man army, who does not even want to spend a fowl hound rupees on advts !

Page no = 34

·         When we deliver to jobseekers (thru My jobs) jobs perfectly matching their online resumes-and thereby eliminate, job-searching for hours, we too, increase a jobseekers’ productivity, by saving time.

Page no = 35

·         We too, will deliver, job-alerts (thru MY jobs) free but make revenue, where they touch /view a product advts delivered by in Mobi / Yahoo. And, whenever they do we will reward them with ONE more job-alert. That is providing incentive. I want this to become a conditioned reflex!

·         This will be equally true of my jobs & Blaster.

·         Can my job make us the largest delivered of resumes in the world?

·         If users of Aakash Tablets get jobs- using “my jobs” our reputation will grow by world of –month.

Page no = 38

·         Jobs for ALL-peace on Earth,

·         Never took a loan for 3p which got Rs.- 3000/= from my personal saving account on 14 feb- 1990 (valentine Day ) that’s all !

Page no = 39

·         The very first executive (one shama) I appointed in slapstick surfactant, got of Rs, - 2000/= in April 1990.

Page no = 43

·         HP lab’s “site on mobile.com had/has the objective to give to simple mobile – owners, first “experience” of internet , I was /am, working to take job-related info  to jobseekers in farthest corner of India. Thru mobile so, we found a “common cause”   this prompted hp labs to first develop a “taskelt” based, sms job-alert on mobiles, between July 2010 & Dec 2010. Then, around sept 2011. I could convince them to develop “My jobs” bald gets for smart phone?

·         If “My jobs” proves its usefulness to jobseekers will they stop visiting Naukri / monster / times jobs?

Page no = 47

·         I ignorance of job-opportunities elsewhere, is also a kind of “blindness”! On one side, there are unfilled jobs for want of suitable candidates and on the other side there are millions at jobseekers who such jobs exist! My goal is to bridge this chasm of ignorance, it is needless”.

Page no = 49

·         India also has 42 million jobseekers registered with 900+ employment exchanges! AT current rate (of finding jobs for them) ,it will take 300 years  to find jobs for all of them ! India .also produces 3.5 million fresh graduates every year of these, no more than 0.5 million find jobs.so the ranks of unemployed swells by 3 million / year!! Of course, “my jobs” or “Resume Blaster” will NOT great jobs only facilitates                                  “finding”

Page no = 50

·         Today our database contains only India-based jobs but, if “My jobs” succeeds in a big way, I see no difficulty in spidering & collecting jobs from all over the world. Then jobseekers from all worlds can use “my jobs” to find jobs within their own courtiers or elsewhere.

·         If “my jobs” & “Resume Blaster “manage to generate good revenues, I intend to plow this back in expanding services as explained above.

Page no = 51

·         For me, suneet (Data wind) agreeing   to pre-install “my jobs” on all Aakash tablets’ could be such a divine-inspired occurrence.

·         Job portals “wait” for jobseekers to visit them and “search for jobs”. We decided to “deliver matching jobs on their mobiles every day (and FREE) & enable them to apply from their mobiles,

Page no = 55

·         Equally true of millions of jobseekers in rural areas, who are, without access to internet and, therefore, to job-related info, what few, local newspapers do reach these areas, do not carry job-advert!

·         When such a rural jobseeker users “my jobs” / “Resume Blaster”. He will pay a fee paisa to mobile service provider.

·         Mobile Networks, now cover practically entire country.

·         Viz:  a poor rural graduate wants any job anywhere at any salary! To such a person “Resume Blaster” will be a great tool. (David & Apo orca’s Birthday,)

Page no = 60

·         City based jobseekers have access to pc/ internet / at home / office or even cyber cafe’s they can login’s to Naukri / Monster / Thimesjobs and search jobs & apply.

·         ALL of this is missing for rural jobseekers, hopefully. “My jobs” & “Resume Blaster” will provide them with a level playing field, vis-à-vis their city –cousins,

·         Today, we aggregate jobs from only 3 jobs-portals but in course of time, it could be 30 or even 300! We can deliver jobs from all over world!

·         In case of 3p it was RS- 3000/=

·         Even 2G Mobile connect with internet!

·         By end of this year, smart phones will constitute 8% of all mobile in India - and nearly all 7” tablets will be 3G ENABLED Android,

Page no = 61

·         “My jobs” too is kind of “sachet” delivering only 5 matched jobs on user; s smart phone –at- a=time. This is at total variance with online.

·         Job search (on job portals) – which throw up 200/2000. Jobs, to wade thru & decide which ones are editable. Can raual jobseekers (even it they had pc/ broad based) make nay head or tail, out of 200 jobs thrown at them?

Page no = 63

·         In  “my jobs” jobseeker will get one more matched job-advts, every time he touches  / views a “product-advts”  delivered by a mobile /  Yahoo – “one- for one” incentive ! In Resume Blaster, it is “TEN –for ONE “scheme. Ten addtiniaal company names for view of product advert. 

Page no = 64

·         I am equally awe that brands (job portals) , Naukri /monster /  Thimesjobs are “Urban phenomenon”

·         Even in 2012. India has approx. same % (14) of internet Rest have never Experienced INTERNET.

Page no = 66

·         Job portals don’t charge any fee to job searches, who can conduct any no.of job searches & apply against any no of jobs, all for  Free. But they have an “obsession” about “traffic” so they will never think in terms of making job search obsolete.

·         Rural jobseekers are “of I am targets them.

Page no = 68

·         A jobserach (on any portal) throws up a lot of “Excess water”- in the form of 200 jobAdvt “my jobs “will.  

·         “Concentrate “& deliver only 5!

·         I have to ensure that  a jobseeker never runs out of “matched jobs” if there are no suitable jobs in “current database”  then we ( our /w ) will switch over to “Archival Database” to find suitable jobs”

Page no = 69 

·         Customize Resume too, “aggregates” job advts from 3 jobseekers, and makes it a kind of “one stop shop” for jobseekers. We are not publicizing this fact now –but on day we will.

Page no = 75

·         “if you don’t make yourself obsolete, some on else will” ( Theodore Levitt Marketing  Myopia )

Page no = 83

·         Something like this is our “job Aggregation” from sevrvel job portals.

·         Our online page of “job alert summary” flows on to small screens of mobiles, 5 jobs at a time, someday; it will flow onto TV screant any other display with as IP address.

Page no = 84

·         In indiarecuriter. Net, we tried “share your Knowles” without success. Someday, we will find a way to capture the knowledge of Recruiters / interviewers, re: what decides a good or a bad cavldidate for a given vacancy,

·         We too, must find a very elegant method to enable not depend upon RSS feeds from jobpoortals.

Page no = 85

·         Being intermediaries, job portals too are a blend of “Mondi” – a platform where jobseekers & layers exchange in fo about themselves, services to jobseekers are getting subsidized by the subscnptions paid by the employers My game plan is to make the services also FREE TO EMPLOYERS & get pay only then, can I affront millions of shop kickers to start using customize Resume.     

·         We will not have any such reservation since our revenue will come from “product advertiser” thru inmboi.

Page no = 86

·         “My jobs” & “Resume Blaster” will eliminate for the rural jobseekers (bottom of the pyramid?) to visit jobpoortals  & search for jobs, something which they have never known, intermediary eliminated by making job related in to available on mobile. 

Page no = 87

·         For us, analogy would be to get 300 jobpoortals around the world to pass on to us, their daily jobs –posting data, in uniform / structured manner. What can we offer?  They in return.

Page no = 91

·         To be able to “Apply” (i.e. Send) resume to employers) using MY jobs Resume blaster, every jobseekers will need to visit our website ONCE, internally to “submit Resume” can I persuade e choplas to help out? Of course, Aakash tablet users will be internet –connected thry GPRS , AND 7” Tablets Is Good Enough ( Large Enough ) TO BE ABLE to fill-up “submit Resume “from.no need for pc?

Page no = 92

·         Why not jobs? Must write to sivakumar. I am trying to remove PC wired internet visit to jobsprtalis.

Page no = 93

·         Most Indian villages are still without power. 21th march when I met suneet tuli, he showed a solar panel for Aakash, costing RS- 300/= if it works, it will be another breakthrough for Data wind.

·         Aaksh overcomes this issue thru GPRS WIFI!

Page no = 94

·         I am putting pressure on shuklendu to finish & up load, “submit Resume fresh conducts  / 10th std “  before 15th April ,just in time when “my jobs” will start getting pre-installed on Aakash Tablets. Today, I sent him email requesting to provide INDIA FILED names in thes from jobs seekers must be made to feel “comfortable”  the first batch of 30.000 Aakash tablets delivered in NOV .DEC. 2010 did face quite problems.  Hence Aakash 2, will have revised specs,

Page no = 98

·         Thimesjobs / Naukri /monster, have launched mobile Apps” which largely “mimic” their on-line job search process but, with reduced “search parameters” ¾ parameters instead of 8/10. Even these “reduced” parameters, throw-up 200/1200 search –result! Almost impossible to spend many hours Lon such a  small screen), scrolling / opening / reading, hundreds of job-adverts with all of this.

Page no = 99

·         A small screen of mobile is totally unsuitable for conducting job search –as one would do, on the large screen of a pc. It is a difficult process-and very time consuming one even for jobseekers who – are thoroughly familiar with pc, context,  Rural jobseekers who have never seen a pc, will be totally lost ! that logic made us develop “my jobs”

Page no = 103

·         Will “my jobs” & Resume Blaster” together impact the online recruitment jobpoortals? What I am talking about is to “make job search obsoletes” Next, make resume search obsolete.

Page no = 104

·         I too , plan tp keep “My  jobs” low key in the beginning only it becomes a roaring success on Aakash tablets  I will approach other smart phone / tablets manufactures, only “facts can impress them,

Page no = 106

·         In effect, Aakash platform, would be the true mass trial for my jobs, we will learn many things and may need to modify “my jobs” before offerings to other phone / tablets manufactures.

Page no = 107

·         In “my jobs” & “Resume Blaster” I am trying to get rid of “job search” itself 1 why do, jobseekers flock to hours? Obviously for “searching jobs” 1 gets rid of it!! 

Page no = 108

·         As compared to an online jobserach on a jobpoortals, “my jobs” too, is “incredibly simple”.

Page no = 113

·         To provide a level playing field for rural jobseekers who have no access to job-portals

Page no = 140

·         “My jobs” took us (HP LABS / sentient systems) over 4 months to launch. I am sure if they make up their minds, Naukri / Thimesjobs / monster, can replicate it in 2 weeks!

Page no = 141

·         We have been unable to generate any traffic on our website – thru the existing way, viz: sending out 10.000 promo emails. Day after day. Month after month, year after year!! May be getting “my jobs “pre-installed on Aakash tablets. A NEW way would change things! 

Page no = 142

·         3 styles of management .Telling, selling. Participating. 

Page no = 157

·         I realized that on a small (3”/4”) mobile screen, one cannot display a lot of text and /or  a lot of scrolling ( as one can on a pc monitor )so, in “My jobs” we display only 5 job advts  and in “Resume Blaster”  only 10 company names. This is our way of “mania thriving”

Page no = 162

·         Just as Steve jobs found solution in Gorilla Glass, available from only corning but, for which, corning had no customers, Gorilla Glass became the “factor” behind I phone.

Page no = 165

·         ¾ days back, shuklendu / nitin informed me that the reason, there were NO Matching Jobs for Many Jobseekers, was that the jobAdvt RSS feeds from Thimesjobs, carried “industry names” which did not match / tally with our own “industry Master” ! No wonder, resumes could not be “matched”! Yesterday, I spent 4 hours, mapping” some 1748 different “industry names “with our MASTER.

·         Rahul has tested this (new mapping) OFFLINE and found that it works (i.e. it is able to finding matching jobs) today, he will upload it, online,

·         NEXT:

·         Tushar is finding UNIQUE “industry Names” for some 10 lakh, companies. Once again,  I will have to “map” these against our own 51 MASTERS, before we can upload in “Resume Blast”  database.

Page no = 169

·         Sec remarks on p: 165.

·         Over the last 2 months, repeatedly noticed, and repeatedly brought to shuklendu notice, that there were NIL job alerts against my (dummy) resume online why? Why? Why?  

·         Then only nitin investigated and discovered that RSS feeds carried totally different “industry Names” which did “map” with our MASTER!

·         In essence, they “by passed” the traditional “supply chain” in normal course, “my jobs” would have to depend upon visitors “discovering” on Android Market and download, By getting Data wind to preinstall  it on their tablets, we too, will “by pass” the traditional route.

Page no = 172

·         A PC with a wired ( or even wireless  ) broadband connection, is “prohibitively expensive” for 95% of is India’s mobile penetration rate and mobile users are growing at the  rate of 150/180 millions / year.

·         Of course currently only 6% have smart phones, which will reach 8% by end of 2012,

·         But soon. Android based tablets (with 2g Sim Cards) Will Flood THE Market, giving these openers. “Access” to internet,

Page no = 173

·         This kind of phenomenal growth can also happen to “My jobs” & “Resume Blaster”, if these succeed in “curing” even  5% of widget users , of the sickness of “un” employment” suneet tuli ( Data wind ) is trying to do the same, with his Aakash tablets at RS- 3000 /=

Page no = 177

·         My first  3 emails to “sales @datawind.com” ( from their website ) were not even acknowledged, then in my 4th email, I just made a simple request to forward it to CEO suneet tuli. In that I had explained My “Dream” of talented in fo to jobseekers comers of India, where was no INTERNET it and responded positively with 24 hours!

Page no = 179

·         I will need to do the same .beyond Data wind; I must get many more smartphone / tablet manufactwers. To agree to pre-install, “ my jobs” / “Resume Blaster” on their products. I hope, I can do this without upsetting Data wind. 

Page no = 182

·         Leading job- portals have (for some time now) jobserach apps, suitable for smarts. By now several thousand job seekers must have used.MY hope is that some of them manage   to download /try “my jobs” if they do, they will realize simplicity of “my jobs” & spread the good word.

·         I don’t expect any print media to write about my jobs. But it process useful, some users will talk about it on internet,

Page no 183

·         There are many more (times) jobseekers in villages & small towns, as compared to city –based jobseekers. 2) City based jobseekers have (comparatively) easy access to pc / internet, whereas rural jobseekers have none. Aakash (and such other tablets / smartphones _) will level the playing field for them.

Page no = 184

·         Even if “my jobs” becomes a runaway success, other job-portals are unlikely to “protest”- they may,

·         Come out with copycat app  2) succeed in getting other smartphone tablet mfr. To install their APPS instead of “my jobs” A Dream Fulfilled!

·         I am not much bothered about the “existing” environment (for jobseekers) in the cities, my environ ments is rural / small, town setting, where, online job searching does not even exist,

·         Thru “my jobs” installed on tablets, I am not trying to modify the job searching habits of city – based jobseekers.

Page no = 185

·         “my jobs” app development is no rocket science ! if it took me ( literally single handed ) A months , depending upon HP labs & sentient systems, other resourceful jobpoortals will replicate it in 4 weeks. At the most if they conclude that people like it.

·         Getting “my jobs” on to Aakash tablets. Will be; do me kind of pre- qualification.

·         Applying for jobs thru “my jobs” will be FREE for jobseekers.

Page no = 188

·         Read my letters. “Communicating for productivity”, sent to 7500 employees of L&t (powai works) when I was GM, between 1979- 1987.

Page no = 189

·         Much like the plaque at the gates of Sikorsky helicopter. Factory in USA. Which reads: the weight to wingspan aver ratio of a Hummingbird is such that, it cannot FLY ,As Per  Humming bird has not studied Aero dynamics, so it goes ahead and flies in any case”

Page no = 190

·         Today I have asked miti Gandhi to develop a PERT chart for her assigmmentat ARMSTRONG.to my best knowledge; no one has ever used a Pert before for Any Recruitment mandate. She will come up with one and she will be the first to do so ,

Page no = 192

·         I have tried to make “my jobs” &  “Resume Blaster” extremely “user Friendly”, by eliminating,

·         Sectoring /entering many job-search parameters very difficult, using thry Qwerty Keypads of mobile’s

·         Scrolling thru hundreds of “job search Results” (very difficult on the small screens)

Page no = 193

·         When I visited Surat a few times in late 70 & early 80 I used to describe it as “the Dirtiest city on Earth”!

Page no = 195

·         In2012, south Mumbai has a popular density 46000 /= sq.-km. 

Page no = 209

·         2 days back, nitin ( sentient ) informed me that some 50-60 % of job- advts ( received thru RSS feeds ) do not mention INDUSTRY  - NAME (  to which ,advertising company belongs, so, I  suggest a way around  find that “company NAME” in our database of RESUME BLAST where ,we have “mapped” some 53000/= “company Names” with their corresponding” INDUSTRY – NAMES” !

Page no = 210

·         It is even today same story in Mumbai for road repairs.

Page no = 212

·         AS I have repeatedly said, rural & small town jobseekers do not even know the existence of jobpoortals –and given the rate at which internet is expanding ,it may be years  before they would know as of today they have no expectations but once they “taste” my jobs, their expectations will raised.     

Page no = 218

·         Rural /small town jobseekers, who kave never seen a “search bar” and just don’t know, how to pick / enter a “search parameter”, would feel daunted / overwhelm lamed, with online  apps, with their ¾  selection criteria, simplicity of “my jobs” may score ,I would this is where the if such jobseekers, simply touch Apply Button, Without Even Reading The Advert !

Page no = 220

·         This could be a serious “flaw” in case of “my jobs” we are going to deliver only 5 matched jobs on first try then 1 more job, every time user touches an ADVT but we are storing in our databases only 50 jobs for each candidate. What will he do, if he exhausts” all 50 jobs in a single day? No more matched jobs!! This would not happen with APPS from Naukri / monster / Thimesjobs, / once we “master”, the “match- making” (of resumes with –jobs), we could store 500 “matched” jobs instead of just 50.

Page no = 221

·         Today “online Recruitment industry” (viz: job portals) exist only in big cities with good internet penetration.. “Job searching”  is an “uncrown experience” in rural / small towns, this is a NON- B- EXISTANT market which “my jobs” hopes to create a NEW market where none exists today.

Page no = 222

·         “My jobs” / “Resume Blaster” consist of only 3 screens / 3 step process.

·         My jobs are most certainly different from anything in the market. Our dependence on RSS feeds advts is a serious weakness.my jobs” would stop in the tracks it RSS feeds dry-up! Somehow I must develop, another widget calls “post jobs”, which, any employer can post upload his jobs / vacancies on customizeRasume, directly from his smart phone. We must get 100.000/ job-advts DAILY!

Page no = 223

·         For giving “my jobs”/ “Resume Blaster” lots of visibility I have to target schools & colleges, students are always the fastest “ADAPTERS” of mobile apps.  Same is the case with us.

Page no = 225

·         If my jobs become a “runaway” success, other sites are bound to copy, And, on internet, takes 2/3 weeks! But, if it is only marginally successful, big portals will ignore it,

Page no = 227

·         In case of my jobs, it is HP Labs.

Page no = 229

·         If “my jobs” (pre-installed on Aakash tablets) reaches out to small towns / rural areas, then, it will “expand “the market. A tablet (unlike a pc is portable.)

Page no = 233

·         Taking job-related in fo to the farthest corner of India.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment