Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 9 October 2020

PITCH ANYTHING - OREN KLAFF




 ======================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins

These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :



================================================================================

PAGE NO 15

·         About 2 hours back? Sent an email to charnajeet [of whistle] requesting him to read “Appreciation” and “our USP” pages of our website before our meeting at 4 pm. I hope his crock brain find “our USP” in training & novel!.

·         May be, I need to show him actual working of “My Jobs” on my smart phone i.e. a VISUAL concrete evidence.

·         Got no chance! Charnajeet said they don’t find app useful for every one!

·         Have sent email today, to reconsider decision.

Page no 17

·         Today I prepared a revised “pitch” to tablet manufactures, which begin: can you create jobs? Maybe you can maybe not.

·         I will send these [emails] out tomorrow and wait to see, it this new pitch, generates better response than last week’s pitch, which read: “first Data wind, second swipe, who next?

·         In the end quoted swami Vivekananda. 

    Page no 28

·         Tablet manufactures have millions of Apps,to choose from when it comes to “pre-installing”, for then it is safe to bet on apps like” Facebook/ twitter/ Angry bird / what’s AP” etc. Of which, millions of copies have been downloaded.

·         For then My jobs has very little importance so, my first email [first Data wing second swipes who next? focused on raising their [curiosity] why their compotator are installing my jobs second [can you create jobs?

·         Focused on a quotation from swami Vivekananda urging to “bring joy in to the miserable lives of people around you” A spiritual, moral appeal.

Page no 29

·         My third email today [ David vs Goliath] stresses comparison between David [ myself] and goliaths [ themselves] except urging to throw their weight behind a “noble cause” viz: taking  job related in to internet deprived. 

·         I must wait & see, how my” FRAMES” collide with their frame of “Indifference”

Page no 37

·         Happens all the time.

Page no 38

·         Won’t work in India! 

·         This is ok.

 

Page no 39

·         I have, quite a few ,” opposite-type of experiences in such situations ! I have waited-and waited – for the big boss for hours, politely insisting that I will not leave without talking to him! When the big boss finally turns up after 2 hours he has guilty confusions and “accepts” my proposal!

Page no 44

·         Some 25 years break, sat in builder Hasmukh shas’s office from morning till evening and refused to leave without refund of rs-40,000/- I had advanced for a row-house I did not leave even after entire staff went home .then I got my money back ! 

Page No.47

·         This is exactly how I got from a BMC officer at shivaji park permission for a separate water concoction – after going & sitting in his office, continuously, for 3days in a row! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment