Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 15 October 2020

HOW TO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL MIND – EDWARD DE BONO

 


======================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins

These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :



================================================================================

PAGE NO 18

·         This is quite like “farmer suicides” of 2 years ago due to crop failure- no one- not one newspaper took the trouble to compete

Farmer population/Total population &    Farmer suicides/ Total suicides

Nov with any other Vocational group

Page no 40

·         It is nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.

 

Page no 70

·         The “convenience- value” of JAM will became “recognizable’ by jobseekers only aster they have started using it.

 

Page no 97   

·         E.g.: JAM?

·         Value in SMS? EG: My yesterday’s note “How to create a virtual Employment Exchange.  

Page no 109

·         “Concept “behind creation of virtual Employment Exchange of many jobsite, is to make it very Attractive / beneficial (financially) to those jobsites that decide to join, participate : placing those who do not join at a considerable disadvantage.

·         Singapore levies a huge price =first for “owning” a car- next for driving in the city.

Page no 110

·         Could joining VEE become, for a jobsite, a kind of “insurance”? Insuring survival / growth?

Page no 112

·         e.g. My letter to 480 editors (JAS) talks of a “reward” of doubling circulation.sameway, I will need to officer some “reward” while asking jobsites to join virtual Employment (VEE) except I will not use this word because, it is likely to generate “negative” emotions such as: loss of control loss of indiviliuaisty  Domination etc.  

Page no 114

·         To mast jobsite making more would certainly be a reward but to a few of them, being able to compete on equal footing with giants such as monster / Naukri, could also be a “reward “-to be able to take on a goliath!

·         “No.1 jobsite? Why not?”

Page no 115

·         VEE is a similar “concept” with a small “seed capital “of 1 lakh resumes, we want to attract many jobsites to join VEE & contribute to make a giant banyan tree.

·         VEE jobsites First task is to create VEE then think of branding it.

·         Same data base of jobs & of jobs & resumes.

Page no 116

·         Delivering JAS for printing by news peppers. 

Page no 120

·         The write up on Recruitguru.com gives this (transport) example of “pay –per –use,” along with examples of electricity / gas / telephone etc.  

Page no 122

·         NO.1 jobsite?  You could be an A1 tentative!

·         NO.1 jobsite? Search for an Alternative? IS there a better alternative?

·         NO.1 Jobsite? Can there be an Alternative?

Page no 123

·         My yesterday‘s note talks about jobsite having their own established “processes” for job posting /  job search / Resume post ting & Resume – search . Simply offerings them slightly better “processes “ is unlikely to motivate them to join VEE ! Only offering huge jobs database / Resume database, may provide sufficient incentive to them.

·         So ,my offer/proposal should start by “sure, your processes are running fine & delivering results.no need to meddle with them.

·         Team work- another concept, I can throw at jobsites.

Page no 124

·         In VEE it is the QUANTITY of jobs & resumes that get “pooled “for jobsites what are the “known” methods of/ getting jobsite/ getting resumes / getting money for the “value “delivered?

Page no 125

·         In our / proposal to jobsite to join VEE, I must highlight that, there will be no disruption of either their existing databases OR their existing “processes “without such an emphatic “assurance” no jobsite may want to read further

 

 

Page no 127

·         If, as mentioned earlier, if there is “no cost of change” then willingness to try out an “alterative” would be higher. This is also the reason I am telling MTNL to make job alert SMS, tree.

Page no 128

·         Is recession can mean fewer jobs? That means many more jobseeker chasing a limited no- of jobs that could translate into many more “APPLY online “clicks against each job-fooling mail boxes of HR image. 

Page no 129

·         Some 30/40 years back, Marwari’s were judged (better) by the no –of times a Marwari had declared “bankruptcy”

Page no 135

·         Both ,JAM & virtual Employment Exchange are “ideas” I believe, these have good probabilities of working out –but we will need to work have for 2/3 years.3p consultants took 8/10 years to establish.

·         A poster in my cabin reads “it takes 20 years of hard work to become an over –night success”.

Page no 140

·         In making my offer to jobsites to join VEE which emotions should I target to arouse? Fear-  Hope –greed –Ego –Anger- Jealousy?   

Page no – 147

·         Like George Bush told the nations of the world after 9/11.


No comments:

Post a Comment