Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 10 October 2020

CHAOS – JAMES GLEICK

 


======================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins

These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :



================================================================================

Page No 05

·         Could it also be in the behavior of traffic to a website? - Niyati’s 50th birthday

Page no 06

·         “That which becomes new [different] contiusoualy is the true nature of beauty.”

·         Apparently our Rishis knew about CHAOS theory centuries ago!

Page no 07

·         What large Hadron Collider is now trying to find out?

 Page no 19

·         Malcom Gldewell’s “Tipping Point” examines “Social Phenomena”, using the same argument. 

Page no 20

·         Same with raw scores [predictions?] of our Function Graphs: i-e. Implied precision but then no one has come up with an alternative.

Page no 21

·         I have asked Rahul to “guess” an initial frequency distribution for raw scores for few thousand candidates, In order to set the ball rolling!

Page no 36

·         “Customize Resume” will be unorthodox whether it will turn out to be “exceptional” or not, remains to be seen.

Page no 37

·         We started “straying outside the normal bounds” [of jobprotals] with launch of India Recruiter we will continue that path with customize Resume.

·         Fits my case!

  Page no 38

·         A resume is a “picture of career” when we try to ‘”reorganize” it thru graphs, it meets with lots of resistance – both from job- sellers & recruiter.

Page no 39

·         Our website title read:

·         Customize resume – The end of plain text.

 

Page no 61

·         Would this apply to traffic on websites?

·         Month after month?

Page no 70

·         In Customize Resume, I have arbitrarily selected a “starting / initial condition “[of distribution of Raw scores and plotted the curve what Will be the shape of this curve.

·         once we launch it? It will depend upon what kind of  jobseekers register meaning what kind of raw scores they get the curve may flatten or balloon or keep fluctuating between these 2 extreme “states” as more & jobseekers join.

Page no 72

·         In our case the Y axis [percentile score] not only depends upon a candidate Raw score, but ALSO on the population size at that point of time.

Page no 83

·         Our “Function / skill” graphs are merely  a “distribution of large and small RAW SCORES within overall population of registered candidates.

Page no 84

·         Which I am discarding in “Customize Resume” for 2 ½ yrs,we used it inIndia Recruiter.net, but i suspect candidates-and Recruiters as well perhaps.

·         Simply failed to appreciate those frequency diagrams.  


No comments:

Post a Comment