Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 13 October 2020

THE TIPPING POINT – MALCOLM GLADWELL

 



======================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins

These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :


THE TIPPING POINT – MALCOLM GLADWELL


================================================================================

Page no 07

·         I hope JAM falls in to this category.

Page no 08

·         As of today we have 92 registration from Airtel / 31 from MTNL –MUMBAI /61 from /MTNL – DELHI .when will these turn “huge”? 

Page no 10

·         I did yawn in my bedroom though!

Page no 14

·         My concern right now –in respect of JAM.

Page no 17

·         In case of JAM, could this translate into, “cities with very few job –opening? Obviously, young jobseekers in such cities are an easy target for JAM!

Page no 20

·         When it comes to frequent job –change, call –center agents are the most “ACTIVE” we should target them as “transmitters” of JAM virus.

Page no 22

·         We have to work hard to a few journalist to find out about “JAMMING “ trend amongst a few jobseekers- then write about this trend & infect others.    

Page no. 24

·         This is exactly what I have been thinking for last 1 Year.

Page No. 25

·         I used to see this on TV all – the time in 1956 at Illinois & then at Kansas.

·         Yeh job ko  JAM kar Diya

·         Jan that job

Page no 35

·         Read my note: six Handshakes away! 

Page no 69

·         WWJ/ JAM too is an “aggregator compiler” of job – related info.

 

Page no 91

·         Would JAM “tip “by being associated with Airtel?

·         Depends on how aggressively AIRTEL “promotes” JAM!

Page No 92

·         JAM is here: jobsite are history!

·         Our “emphasis “is on “History”

 

Page no 93

·         In our case no of TJAM sms or no of  “Registrations”

Page no 97

·         Helping those who had clear “in tension” to ACT-But could not “act “in the first campaign because of “missing” info.

·         Jobseekers “know” how badly they want a job: also may be that they can find jobs on jobsites –except it costs time & money to condo of many job searches.

Page no 98

·         In our latest promo email to 8 lakh job seekers, we have incorported an image of a mobile –phone screen showing job-alert.   

Page no 142

·         Advs. ? Hoardings?  Emails? SMS? Articles in newspapers?

Page no 166

·         Today I drafted message “Double your circulation? For sending to Editors does it seem memorable?

Page no 170

·         Whether or not that editor publish job – summaries, will “double your circulation?” get us the Media Attention?

Page no 172

·         We have to sell “WWJ “to the group of Editors / formalists, media can make or break us.

Page no 173

·         We need to create a “community of jobseekers” they in corporation- it working or in cyber cafes- if searching for jobs.

·         If 90% of jobs are in 6 cities-then the working professions are there too.

·         We have 7.8 lakh email ID of jobseekers we have started sending then email-Letus hope they will turn into “jammers”.

Page no 174

·         Jammers of the world – unite! What can we rally them around? Our war cry “stops searching for jobs.

·         I can’t do this I hope JAM spreads from one call-center to yet another. 

 

Page no 175

·         Real jack trout’s “minds can’t cope.”

Page no 194

·         I suppose this is their “Distribution chain” so far, we have succeeded in getting MTNL  (DELHI) to advertise JAM.

Page no 196

·         I feel MTNL (Delhi) advts. were too full of “details” – diverting attention from the “core – message”.

Page no 197

·         In case of JAM majority may “distrust” applying based on a mere 160 character SMS –instead of a 2000 character full advt. It will take some months before the merits manifest. 

Page no 199

·         Differentiate.

Page no 203

·         By this weekend, I plan to send “Double your circulation? Folder to some 100 editors of small town –news-papers,- hoping they will go thru WWJ-then write about it in their paper.

Page no 205

·         In “Double Your Circulation” I have stressed to the Editors, not only their financial gain but also the importance of service they would render to small town unemployed youth.

Page no 219

·         There was ¾ children suicide in w.Bengal after rapist Dhananjoy was hanged in 2003/4   all were “experimenting “! In many cases, in the presence of their friends!!

Page no 220

·         Can  JAM offer a “way out “to olesperate jobless youth of India? Can they make their “presence?  (In this world)” felt thru JAM...

·         Notice me / don’t Forget/ I am Here!

Page no 222

·         May be this was the (or one of the) cause behind a spare of farmer’s suicides in Karnataka in 2004!

Page no 224

·         In case of JAM, this would require a set of friends to “observe” one of them actually “applying online” to create a visual instruction.

Page no 225

·         10/15 days back after X & XII standard exam results, we had ¾ student suicides this happens every year.

Page no 228

·         What “pan –chewing” (indulging Pan-Parag) and Gutka –chewing has become to lower – income group people here.


No comments:

Post a Comment