Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 12 October 2020

WEAPONS OF MATH DESTRUCTION – CATHY O’NEIL

 



======================================================================================

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins

These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :


WEAPONSOF MATH DESTRUCTION – CATHY O’NEIL


================================================================================

Page No 01

·         I keep adding up the numbers, to see how fast and how accurately can I add mostly by separately adding up Pairs 2 digits, simultaneously.

Page No 2

·         Subprime crisis of 2008.

Page No 3

·         In 2009, we developed “Resume Rater “which did, exactly this!  Even today, you can download it form a dozen wishes!

·         As of today, 3259 download from soffpedia! Total exceed 20,000!!

·         I selected “keyword” from thousands of resumes job Advts.

Page No 46

·         Recent example; NPA’s work lakhs of crores by Indian’s Big banks.

Page no 52

·         What-which-how much [weight]

·         This is how I developed my simply formula for [integrated logistics = transport] e-log to compute. “HARM QUOTIENT of each vehicle.

·         In my case, Transport Tax.

Page No 55

·         My formula for “vehicle Harm Quotient” does not rely on any “inputs” from humans [whether vehicle owner’s/drivers/passengers].it entirely depends upon Sensors & Navic satellites.  

Page no 60

·         I think this is a universal belief.

Page no 61

·         When I was at KU [Lawrence] in 1956-58. uniu.admin went to great lengths to attract wilt chamberlain (7’-2”) to join for its Basketball tame. one rumor was that uni-even spotted a tall girlfriend for wilt!

Page no 64

·         Probably, this industry is even bigger in India. eg: city of KOTA.

·         Ditto here.

 

Page no 67

·         NITI Aayog has developed its own formula for ranking of colleges where 50% weightage is assigned to “graduation rates.”

Page No.69

·         See my blog “The Future Of Advertising” - where I have described a similar

Scenario for a person waiting form bus at a bus stop.

Page no 74

·         I have suggested a similar ”segmentation” in my blog Digital dividend form demographic data [4D].

PAGE NO 76

·         IF M/c learning can get access to the AUDIO LOGS, of all the smartphones [of English speakers, to begin with] that world be much bigger data base and tell much more about us than our clicks & likes pushing speech to text conversion s/w.

Page no 84

·         Reed my poem about Detroit, when I read that Detroit city had to declare bankruptcy.

Page no 90

·         Read my blogs on: “Bank Recapitalization” “only Rs-7000 per person”

Page no 95

·         In India, court cases, linger on decades-it you have a good lawyer.

·         China is doing this for its 1.4 billion citizens.

Page no 96

·         Read my blogs

§  Privacy is dead

§  Privacy does not live here

§  RIP = Privacy

§  Privacy for sale

·         Just does not exist!

Page no 99

·         Health of patient in hospitals in general and ICUs in particular-would improve faster there was sunlight!

 

Page no 100

·         In China CCTV cameras fixed along roads, do this for all its 1.4 billion citizens.

Page no 101

·         China leads the world in State Suruaillan.

Page no 108

·         The year I got posted at Madh

Page no 109

·         If you get 500 application against 1 job, you are forced to make a trade-off!-especially when HR dept. is under pressure to fill job in 10 days!!

Page no 112

·         It is impossible to give any meaningful feedback (on test performance) To hundreds of applicant who get rejected by tests.

Page no 113

·         I launched “Resume Rater” software on 27/6/2007 [Download.Cent.com] now there are hundred.

Page no 120

·         Read my blog “PA-RANK “which had a similar concept.

Page no 132

·         My MS thesis [ KU-1958] was titled: A work sampling study of white collar workers: In KU library, I took recorded “working/ non-working/restroom” student of some 20/30 clerks and tabulated “frequency of occurrence” Study last 1 week

·         In one of his books Peter Drucker. Has talked about this which I mentioned in my thesis.

Page no 144

·         Since this got written 3 years ago things have 90 worse! Privacy is a more illusion.

Page no 148

·         Happened to me my fist interview L& T you have no exp.) I tried again after 1 year exp at medico and got selected!!

Page no 149 

·         In India, millions continues to die each year because they have no money for medicines or hospitalization.

Page no 151

·         Also from job boards full of resumes.

Page no 152

·         Same data on a thousand serves. How can anyone find and delete all?

Page no 155

·         Humans will in reduce their own bias and greed.

Page no 157

·         Never imagined such things could happen in USA!!    

Page no 181

·         All mobile service provides, have our AUDIO LOGS- cash and every word that we every spoke in those mobile and words. We received thru those mobile. Easy to convert in to text.

Page no 191

·         What reliance jio is trying here for past 2 years?

Page no 200

·         According to Hindu mythology, at the beginning of  TIME if self, god [brahma? Vishnu?]  said = “EKO Aham, Bahu Syam: [ I am one only I will be come many]       


No comments:

Post a Comment